• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISCarrier Caddy Pack

jcf5083

Double Eagle Member
Announced at 7:19 on Facebook. I guess it's the Innova Backsaver straps connected to a chair? From Innova's site:

We created the DISCarrier Caddy Pack so you can always have a seat at the ready. We integrated our already proven BackSaver straps with a sturdy, lightweight aluminum seat to simplify your gear.

No more worries about leaving your chair on the course or having to choose between carrying a seat or an umbrella.
For more comfort, the integrated seat doubles as a backpack frame allowing the weight of the bag to rest on the built in lumbar pad. Less time spent on your feet or carrying your bag saves energy and allows you to focus on your game. Seat has a 230 lb. limit.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/disc-bags/discarrier-caddy-pack.html

What's the consensus on this?

At a MSRP of $149.99 I will never NEVER purchase one.

Lame... I dont understand people that carry the fold out chairs on the course... unless they are over 50 that is. Why not just get a golf cart and a stogy?

Lame... I dont understand people that carry the fold out chairs on the course... unless they are over 50 that is. Why not just get a golf cart and a stogy?

Tournament rounds are a lot longer, so I see why people might carry them, but I'm with everyone else, not for 150 buckaroos.

Attachments

• GoCart2010-400px.jpg
    GoCart2010-400px.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 88
Interesting idea - one that I will never buy though. Having chair legs between the bag and my back does not sound comfortable. More often than not I use my chair as a place to set my bag. Keeps it dry, less bending over and I don't have to lift it as far. I have also used my chair to ward off snakes, move thorn bushes to the side to retrieve a disc, etc. This just seems like a useless "convenience" IMO

Anyone know if Innova is gonna sell the chair by itself? I would love to have one for tourneys. Only problem is that I already have the discarrier bag and the straps so I would just need the seat. When I first started playing and noticed the serious people carrying stools, I kinda chuckled under my breath everytime I seen one. Now, however, I AM one of those serious people and I want a stool. Reason being is the newest course to open in my area. HAH DGC in Fairborn Ohio. From the longs it's a par 66, over 8000 feet. Pro caliber course. Since it's about a minute away from where I live I plan on being there alot this season. Great course, the only problem is that when they installed it, they forgot something: BENCHES OR PICNIC TABLES TO SIT AND TAKE A BREAK!!!!!

Having a spot to sit and chill between throws every now and then is key and not all courses provide somewhere to sit. Some courses I play, you have to sit every now and then. I mean, come on....;)

I liked it when I saw it on Facebook. I could see myself using it strictly during tourneys. But then I saw the price and the weight limit.

Someone at my league won this chair from a Jay and Des Reading clinic about a year ago. They gave away a Japanese prototype. Looked pretty sweet, was really light and if I remember correctly he said it wasn't uncomfortable at all. I was jealous when I saw it and even moreso now that its out and the price is so ridiculous that I will never even consider buying one. Especially when for $149 less I can just pick up a carabiner for my current stool so it attaches to my bag too!

I think it's a cool idea, and like everyone else, I think it's a bit overpriced. I'm trying to do the math, but I think I remember that a DISCarrier has a MSRP of $80 or so, and backsaver straps $25. Does that mean the attached chair is a $45 chair? Seems steep to me.

As for those who don't understand carrying a stool, I've found over the years that there are a lot of things I don't understand. It's ok. Someday you may get it.

Over the years??? What are you, 30???. Maybe 45 in beer years, but that don't count!

I think it's a cool idea, and like everyone else, I think it's a bit overpriced. I'm trying to do the math, but I think I remember that a DISCarrier has a MSRP of $80 or so, and backsaver straps $25. Does that mean the attached chair is a $45 chair? Seems steep to me.

As for those who don't understand carrying a stool, I've found over the years that there are a lot of things I don't understand. It's ok. Someday you may get it.

Are they including the bag too? I can't foresee that this is a good investment when you can buy the individual pieces for much cheaper. Maybe they'll cut the price. Looks convenient, but not $150 convenient. If this includes the bag, does that make the straps $70 with the chair? Somebody tell me why this is a good investment please.

Latest posts