• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania discs

Strange that a Tern combined with the Discmania Anhyzer top creates a more overstable Tern...

Yeah, same for PD2/XCal. So the same "Anhyzer" top is somehow responsible for both overstable AND understable versions of established molds? DOES NOT COMPUTE *head starts spinning and shooting sparks, blows microchip*

There's gotta be more than one.

Yeah, same for PD2/XCal. So the same "Anhyzer" top is somehow responsible for both overstable AND understable versions of established molds? DOES NOT COMPUTE *head starts spinning and shooting sparks, blows microchip*

The two I wonder about which might be different is the FD and FD3 tops. Though they could just mold up weird. Not sure.

The TD also becomes more stable, it's a RR bottom with DM Anny top.

I've heard that an Archangel top is the top of a TL, as well. Ergo, I am sitting here looking at my Archangel, a Star TL, and a C-Line FD.

The FD and TL are almost identical. Maybe the FD has a tad more blunt edge, but that's all my old eyes can see. The Archangel's dome is a little bit higher than the other two, and the filght plate rises to that dome faster than the others.

arch angel rim...

The two I wonder about which might be different is the FD and FD3 tops. Though they could just mold up weird. Not sure.

The TD also becomes more stable, it's a RR bottom with DM Anny top.

I had always thought the td had a slightly fatter nose, like there was a spacer added.

Well technically, there's not just 2 mold parts. There's at least 3. The top, the wing, and the bottom. And sometimes a spacer between the top and wing. And just because the Anhyzer top produces both over and understable versions doesn't mean anything. For example, the Millennium Sentinel (the original San Marino run) is both very fast and very overstable. Yet the parts that are used to make it come from the Cobra and the Stingray, two very understable discs. What made it overstable is a nose spacer. That's just an example.

I don't know why I never factored in nose spacers... Derp. Hahaha nose spacers do a lot, look at VL Valkyrie and VK Viking. Or Buzzz and Buzzz OS. Whoever suggested naming the top piece "potato top" though, you are on to something. Or on something. Either/or.

You never know what you will get when you mash-up mold pieces anyways. One of my all-time faves, the JLS, is a TeeBird top with a Whippet bottom, and it bears none of Whippet's traits and is somehow more neutral than the TeeBird.

Last edited:

Latest posts