• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscMania Discs?!?!?

They make a beadless Star Gremlin that they sell in the CFR program. If you want to search around and pay CFR prices, that would be another option.

Was at the Quickstop out at Veterans in Arlington and noticed Disc Mania Discs. Bad*ss stamps, but know nothing about them. Say they're made by Innova. Went to the discmania website but they didn't have near what the Quickstop in Arlington had.

Who throws 'em. Feed back would be nice.

No joke? I was there today aswell. Picked up one of those ILLEGAL Gremlins!
GL cathing me Threeput! I fear no GOD!:p

Yeah. Might have to check out this PD everyone's ravin' about. Not sure if I even need to begin learning a new disc. Pretty comfortable where my bags at right now.

i LOVE me some pds! i carry the ppd,spd,and now cpd. all different in flight but having 3 discs in the same mold kicked out my eaglex,and orcs . these discs fly true and pure . the p pd is a great blend of pro plastic,better than the usual innova plastic . all 3 of the discs fly great in a head wind as ive been throwin them for over a month now in various conditions. i can crank them out to about 380 consistantly considering its a hybrid driver. i say hybrid driver because its very easy to power down on and achieve shots you would with say a teebird or eagle x.i used to throw wraiths and these definitely are better imho as far as good d and accuracy goes. anything above 380 ill throw a bigger d driver but theres been courses that ive been able to throw the pd as my fastest disc and didnt have any problems getting them out there. bravo for discmania/innova coming out with it. its a great disc and has a new top! try it and i guarantee you wont be disappointed.

ppd's fly good and straight with a predictable fade at the end and break into something beautiful. so far ive been rotating in my p pds for seasoning and theyre finally coming around to where i want them. dead straight or can take a good anny with a late flex. spds are great and a tick more stable than the ppds and do great in head winds 18mph and under. perfect for helix shots and for some hyzers.ive yet to have one break in completely but itll be a bit longer than the p pds,but i expect them to be a good discs when this happens. finally the champ pd test runs i got in are great as well,ive only thrown it a few times but its definitely like a predator . with either one ,you cant go wrong. id suggest the ppd first unless you just buy 1 star and 1 ppd.

^^ Yeah, I have a feeling that as my S PD wears in it will overlap my EX's a lot. They do handle headwinds very well too.

Picked up a P1 today after getting fed up with my Spike yesterday.

Played a 1 disc round and got a stroke better than my 1 disc round with a DX Aviar 2 days earlier. The P1 doesn't seem to be line shapable as much as the standard aviar but its r-pro plastic is what I was after because I was tired of roll-aways with the Spike.

Anyone gotten an STD yet?
I haven't thrown one, but I have read that they do not work very well as a turning driver. I think they were compared to worked in P-PDs by DGR.

Two actually. No, they don't turn well, I'd say my very lightly beat 172 P-PD turns MUCH more, and my 168 P-PD turned more out of the box.

They're long though and hold a mean anhyzer. Pretty straight with very good glide. More true stable than under stable.

Last edited:
I haven't thrown one, but I have read that they do not work very well as a turning driver. I think they were compared to worked in P-PDs by DGR.

Two actually. No, they don't turn well, I'd say my very lightly beat 172 P-PD turns MUCH more, and my 168 P-PD turned more out of the box.

They're long though and hold a mean anhyzer. Pretty straight with very good glide. More true stable than under stable.

That's why the chimp is laughing, it's mocking us all. I wonder how these will break in, although it sounds like you'd be better off with P-Pds.

Man, a week ago, I went actively looking for one of these. Though I was getting an SPD and have been psyched. Upon closer examination; yesterday; I realized I bought a SDD. Now, I am very bummed to have paid top plastic prices for a disc that is not what I had hoped. Dang...:(

i have a couple s-td's and they both turn easy for me. basically like a leopard or road runner. they have amazing glide though. i was throwing a beat cd for my turn over shots but it started to get pretty squirly after so many hits. i tried the td and fell in love after i seasoned it in. holds a nice anny like nobodys businesss its def a new fav of the discmania line. the comparison of it being a faster road runner is definitely spot on. since i was throwing rr prior to switching to a cd ,going from the cd to the td now is no big deal since its got the rr bottom and pd top. me likey

btw. i did however throw both the champ and s td's both flew almost exactly the same. i may keep my champ tds now since ive got a few more rounds under my belt with them.

I just oredered a Gremlin Gm, now just waiting for it to arrive.

i have a couple s-td's and they both turn easy for me. basically like a leopard or road runner. they have amazing glide though. i was throwing a beat cd for my turn over shots but it started to get pretty squirly after so many hits. i tried the td and fell in love after i seasoned it in. holds a nice anny like nobodys businesss its def a new fav of the discmania line. the comparison of it being a faster road runner is definitely spot on. since i was throwing rr prior to switching to a cd ,going from the cd to the td now is no big deal since its got the rr bottom and pd top. me likey

btw. i did however throw both the champ and s td's both flew almost exactly the same. i may keep my champ tds now since ive got a few more rounds under my belt with them.

yeah ive been thinking about trying to beat mine a bit and see if i can get it to turn a bit easier, it's a nice disc, goes FAR when you get a good rip on it, great glide

yea I tuned mine and it fiies just how I want. More turn to it when I get alot of snap on it or get a nice helix when I finesse it. This thing bombs in the tail wind.

Latest posts