• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

As I mentioned above, the perfect complement to the FD is the Leo3. It's a straight to late fade disc, just a bit more OS than the FD. For me, they work perfectly together for those holes I can't quite reach with a mid or if there is a low ceiling. Might consider some of the latest runs of Leo3s....

As I mentioned above, the perfect complement to the FD is the Leo3. It's a straight to late fade disc, just a bit more OS than the FD. For me, they work perfectly together for those holes I can't quite reach with a mid or if there is a low ceiling. Might consider some of the latest runs of Leo3s....

It's not a 2nd run though. We're all suckers for that limited candy hype.

It's not a 2nd run though. We're all suckers for that limited candy hype.

FWIW, there's an unthrown 2nd run FD going for $105 on one of the auction sites. I just can't justify spending that much on a single piece of plastic.

You should all just forget about the 2nd run IMO. They aren't going to be able to recreate the magic. We still got great FDs tho

I am new to this mold. What was so special about this run?

Considerably more OS than any other run that I'm aware of and firm, pretty indestructible plastic. Nice flat profile too. I found one in a used bin and didn't know what I had until I read through this thread, then I threw it. Paranoid to bag it and I have other discs that cover those lines pretty well.

You should all just forget about the 2nd run IMO. They aren't going to be able to recreate the magic. We still got great FDs tho

I have 4 times as many 2nd runs as all other FD variants put together. For my game, it's the only version worth throwing. The rest just feel clunky or slow, or turn too much or too abruptly.

I will never stop hoping for a new 2nd run.

How can you identify a second run FD?

C-Line only. Flat, hard plastic, not gummy. Small air bubbles in rim (hold up to light to see).

Very Stable with a solid fade. Not overly OS but won't turn if thrown flat either.

Considerably more OS than any other run that I'm aware of and firm, pretty indestructible plastic. Nice flat profile too. I found one in a used bin and didn't know what I had until I read through this thread, then I threw it. Paranoid to bag it and I have other discs that cover those lines pretty well.

If you don't want to throw it, sell it to me! I need a backup :D

My question i've been meaning to ask for a while. Were these one of those runs with the wrong bottom or wing piece mold? or was it just a strange phenomenon they are the same as any other FD just fly different?

They just turned out different. The plastic type affected overall shape and PLH. Add in the bubbles in the rim and it's like a different disc. But it's also like no other mold. So if they can figure it out and somehow recreate it (even if the mold is slightly retooled to do so) I think they should release them as the FDx.

If you don't want to throw it, sell it to me! I need a backup :D

Not just yet, I'm bound to find another in a used bin some day. Then I might bag it. Pretty sure I left one at the PIAS when I found the last one. Decided I had enough c-lines in the 170g range and didn't need another with bubbles in the rim. 🙄

Had a bit of spare time this evening and I gave the FDs I have recently acquired a few tosses. My buddy broomerang was dead nuts for the most part on his assessment but here's mine anyway.

beautiful right S curve when thrown flat. Have it about 60% power a nd it flew about 300'+\-. On hyzer it stands up rides a while and fades gently. On anny the turn is highly exaggerated but it flattens out and does straight or with the slightest bit of fade. On a more extreme anny it held it for me all the way. This disc is consistent and I had a few bad rips and instant it let me know. Very comfortable in the hand(a tiny smidge thicker rim than the TB?) Super consistent disc. C-line and luster I found to be a smidge more stable (not OS) than the S line. I am happy with this disc purchase DM does it again.

Had a bit of spare time this evening and I gave the FDs I have recently acquired a few tosses. My buddy broomerang was dead nuts for the most part on his assessment but here's mine anyway.

beautiful right S curve when thrown flat. Have it about 60% power a nd it flew about 300'+\-. On hyzer it stands up rides a while and fades gently. On anny the turn is highly exaggerated but it flattens out and does straight or with the slightest bit of fade. On a more extreme anny it held it for me all the way. This disc is consistent and I had a few bad rips and instant it let me know. Very comfortable in the hand(a tiny smidge thicker rim than the TB?) Super consistent disc. C-line and luster I found to be a smidge more stable (not OS) than the S line. I am happy with this disc purchase DM does it again.

Update: the Luster started to flip on lines the S-line was holding no problemo, so I did some comparing between the two. It seems that once the flashing was gone the PLH is definitely lower, not by a lot but obviously enough to make a difference. The C line is holding it's stability perfectly (duh, right?) I haven't thrown these enough to honestly put any significant wear on them so it must have been flashing or my angles. Whatever it was as I am learning the disc the Luster is the flippiest I own and that's good because it'll hold there for a long while. I have a million shots with one disc.

Field throwing today to my portable with a decent whatever wind at the 7v7 field I throw at and on a rhbh straightest with a slight hyzer I got an ace with my c-line on a corner throw from the opposite side.
My love affair with the Jackal continues.

Not much to say other than the obligatory "I LOVE THE FD"

I sold a new 2nd run fairly recently for around $100. Not unreasonable if you're desperate for a replacement.

Are these softer luster or firmer? Any color noticeably flatter?

Mine is firm, not rock hard but definitely not gummy, though it's still grippy, I'm not sure about the color/dome aspect but mine is blue and has the moderate, consistent done I now understand is the FD norm.

Latest posts