• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I love mine, staple of my bag for controlled fairway shots. I think a lot of new fairway discs have come out lately but I have yet to find a mold that covers all the shots that my FD's can cover

Anyone using FDs these days? They were all hyped... What's the deal now?

Hype or no hype, my FD is my #1 driver. First ace disc, so versatile, comfortable in hand, and a predictable flight. It may not get the hype the DD/Lat/Westside discs get, but it's a darn good fairway driver.

Loving the FD. I've got 1st runs and 2nd runs in the bag. They are the workhorses for me. I also just received pink jolly launcher FDs that feel great! Haven't thrown those yet,but probably they are between the first and second runs in stability.

Loving the FD. I've got 1st runs and 2nd runs in the bag. They are the workhorses for me. I also just received pink jolly launcher FDs that feel great! Haven't thrown those yet,but probably they are between the first and second runs in stability.

Where did you get a jolly launcher fd?

Finnish innovastore had huklabs and pink ones so had to order them. Looking and feeling pretty sweet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386879718263.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386879718263.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 62
Still in the bag, has been for over a year. I currently bag 3 ( 1 C-Line, 1 fresh S-Line and a beat S-line.) I can cover any shot and do some major damage on a wooded course.

Anyone using FDs these days? They were all hyped... What's the deal now?

Still in the bag, has been for over a year. I currently bag 3 ( 1 C-Line, 1 fresh S-Line and a beat S-line.) I can cover any shot and do some major damage on a wooded course.

Which C-line run do you use? How do you pair these with other drivers?

Looks like ccrain has the same combo I use, FD PD and distance. I currently bag a second run C-line and two S in stages. I would rather have a 3rd run C instead of the freshish S but patience pays off.
I did pick one softer C line up last month, but I'm pretty sure it's a first run.

Looks like ccrain has the same combo I use, FD PD and distance. I currently bag a second run C-line and two S in stages. I would rather have a 3rd run C instead of the freshish S but patience pays off.
I did pick one softer C line up last month, but I'm pretty sure it's a first run.

Seems to be nice combo you got there. For PDs do you have a flippier one too?

First run seems to have higher domes and lower wings than the other runs. Feels definately different compared to the runs.

Which C-line run do you use? How do you pair these with other drivers?

^^ He nailed it... I love the FD - PD combo. Pretty sure mine is a 2nd run as well. My PD line-up is a C-line, 2 S-lines and a flippy - gummy P-PD. The only time my PDs see fairway duty is if the wind is too beefy for the C-line FD or if I'm shooting over a hazard and need that extra fade the PD can provide.

Technically, CFR is considered CFR and not the 1st run. But yes, the CFR's I saw were clear with a Russian tourney stamp.

did they have an overflow of them and have some stamped with the stock circle stamps? the clear one i have is nothing like the others currently run.

I've got two first run/CFR run with stock stamp. I wanted to give 'em a toss today but ..snow.

I took my 2nd run out today and really enjoyed having it for a shorter "test" layout on a longer course. Threw some hyzers, some flex anhyzers that held a long time before sweeping out to a tiny fade, and a couple really nice FH shots with it. :thmbup:

Hey FD throwers, I'm thinking of picking up a flat C-line and a domey S-line to cover nearly all of my fairway duties. I've never quite clicked with any fairway driver and I'm hoping (now that I've read every page of this thread) that this is the way to go...especially since my PD set up is my favorite aspect of my bag.

Question: are you hucking these discs at 80% or full power, or do you have to finesse the disc to get it to fly right? I have a couple leopards and I'm drifting away from them because it's a bit too finicky for me. I don't mind finesse, but the Leos are too much I think. What can you guys tell me about the FD (either C or S line)

The flat S I had never agreed with me. I felt I overpowered it too much. However, the domey C's that I have were great for all types of shots. You can't super mash into it unless you really want it to flip, but it can handle decent power and fly predictable lines.

I have a board flat, max weight C-Line that has become my most trustworthy disc. Pretty stable, but if I throw it at about 80-85% with just a slight amount of hyzer it flies dead straight with almost no fade.

Question: are you hucking these discs at 80% or full power, or do you have to finesse the disc to get it to fly right? I have a couple leopards and I'm drifting away from them because it's a bit too finicky for me. I don't mind finesse, but the Leos are too much I think. What can you guys tell me about the FD (either C or S line)

For me.... I can rip the C-line and not worry about it flipping. I finesse my S-lines. I max out at 380' when everything is perfect ( good form, my left hip is working like it is supposed to and the cosmos is properly aligned.) Usually my max comes with my 168g Tern or a D4 however, I've done some rips with my 170g domey S-line and parked it at 380' on a straight line. I've never gotten a C-line out that far. Probably because they lack the glide that a S-line has, IMO.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere in this thread some people were getting them out to 400+ and keeping them fairly straight when the S-FD first came out.

Latest posts