• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania joins House of Discs

So House of Discs turned Trilogy into Pentalogy, even though they are all independent companies. Most saw this coming as it was only a matter of time, but it is kind of strange to see Discmania, Dynamic Discs, Westside Discs, Latitude 64, and Kastaplast all under the same umbrella. It would be wild if they let their players throw any of the plastic under the HoD ownership group.

Can't say I follow any of the Kasta news to know if much has changed once they consolidated under the HoD brand, but hopefully they let DM continue to be their own thing just with new ownership.

Pure speculation on my behalf, but I would expect this has been something in the works for a while. The big driving forces obviously being the split from Innova, Jussi's taking a step out of the spotlight, and their new manufacturing facility.

Honestly I think the most interesting thing of this announcement will be what we see of Jussi in the next few years. I would guess he received a chunk of cash, and may still hold some minority ownership in DM. I would also guess he'll still be involved in some capacity.

I could be wrong, but the European Open isn't necessarily a DM owned tournament like how Innova owns USDGC. Isn't it owned by Spin18, his media company? I could see him essentially becoming the European version of Heinold and being a full time TD of a handful of large events.

pretty sure discmania never had their own manufacturing company, they said it was across the street for latitude's factory and they had copier paper over the latitude 64 logos on the machines when he did the walkthrough. now they bought them out... they were always just made by lat64. its obviously the same plastic!!!

pretty sure discmania never had their own manufacturing company, they said it was across the street for latitude's factory and they had copier paper over the latitude 64 logos on the machines when he did the walkthrough. now they bought them out... they were always just made by lat64. its obviously the same plastic!!!
Yeah, these dudes were lying the whole time. When called out on here and other social media, they just denied with no proof of their own actual factory. A bunch of clowns and a trash company.

Latest posts