• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft disc values

Mike12HawK

I found the following two discs at a resell sporting goods store and was wondering if they were worth anything:
[1] 1st run Stalker (z-plastic)
[2] LE Comet (ESP)

Not looking to get rid of them.

ha! mike hawk...

on a related note. Man Woman Wild on discovery. Myke Hawk is a survivalist.

ESP comets are garbage- you mind as well trade it to me;)

Really though, if not getting rid of em, why ask how much?
Depending on condition: stalker 10-12, comet 13-20 (though I wouldn't pay 20 for a used one)

Most people that have a Stalker are probably still going to have one of the first runs, and most Discraft first run discs don't command a lot of money even years down the line. Unless the first run flies differently, or the plastic from the first run feels different or flies differntly, the disc probably won't be sought out that much.

The First Run Buzzz is a sought after disc, and it flies a little more stable. I think the same is true for the 2nd first run Buzzz as well. The first run ESP Surge is kinda sought out for, but it's still not extrememly difficult to find them for less than $20.

Discraft doesn't have that many discs that command a high price for their discs. When a new disc comes out, and they supply is limited, it's possible for people to make a buck on them, like people did with the Nukes, but now there's no money in them.

The First and 2nd Run Buzzzes, Cam Todd Challengers, and maybe some older plastic stuff that's rare, are about the only things that might have more value on them other than just standard pricing. The Z comets used to be this way, before they put those back into standard production.

The recent "LE" runs of some discraft discs really aren't worth more than standard ESP pricing, and if they are, it's not more than the time, hassle, and postage it would take to sell it. The ESP Venom, FLX Drone, and ESP Comets were all recent LE runs, and won't be worth anything more than standard pricign for a while.

There's not significant money to be made in collectors dics, with a few exceptions. CE discs can command a little money on Ebay, especially if they are are new. Used will still net some decent money too. CE Rocs are the most valueble discs around. There's a few others. But, a rule of thumb in any collecting: if it says "Limited edition" or "collectors edition" on it, it's probably not going to get you any money, unless the demand is really high and the supply is real low.

In the case of the LE discs from Discraft, demand wasn't that high, and the supply was adequate for them to still have plenty for anyone who wants to pay standard pricing for it.