• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

Nope I first would make a midrange with Magnet wing. ;) I would use the Buzz top to a Magnet wing, making basically a slow Buzz midrange/putter hybrid.

Second I would try to make Impact again but seeing as how that would most likely fail, then get Discraft to make the Glide in ESP, big Z, Z FLX in that order of which plastic I really want for it if Discraft still makes that mold. I feel a mold with that shallow a rim that is also that narrow needs to be in a grip type plastic, not Z where the plastic can come stiff and slick in some runs.

Third try and see if the Wasp can be made in more plastic then just Z, at least ESP if not first choice X.

My type writer might need a new ribbon. Slow down on all this history im still catching up from when your ex brother in law showed your dad that old 2 chain magnet and made it a 4 chain plus did the rim mods.

Last edited:
Thread DRIFT....

My bag Vertex Angler backpack used to weigh due in part to the metal seat frame, 7 pounds alone as in just the bag and seat. Now my newer disc golf backpack The Athletico $35-$40 that I got in mid 2018 (sold on Amazon only) is lighter on the metal frame then the old Vertex Backpack part was. The weight for the Vertex backpack alone was about 3 pounds. The second bonus is that the Athetico backpack is actually built for disc golf use as in easier to get the discs in and out of the bag. I got the Athetico when it came out as I needed a bag that opens with an open top but I did not want a Disc bag like the Innova hero/superhero or similar styles as then the two upper putter pockets are not as usable with the Vetex Angler Backpack seat I was planing on adding to the other backpack. Now I am a tad lighter with the entire set up and the bag has discs come in and out much easier then with the original Vertex backpack. The new backpack from Athetico weighs in a guess of weight about 1 to 1.5 pounds.

I did have to modify the Athetico Disc Golf Backpack but not a whole lot, more just cut into parts of the two side storage to have the seat frame fit, add some safety pins to the side storage as they could open up all the way and make the side storage not usable, then make the two lower putter pockets into one so I could fit the four main putters in there. I did a bit more just for my use including the fitting of the seat but two of the three I told you are necessary just to use the bag. the first one the top putter pockets suck and if a disc is in the front/forward most of the 3 pockets it will push the other next one to the inside and block up the capacity to hold another disc; then with the 3 putter pockets the zipper cover for the discs needs to sit in the top most pocket of the Putter storage as the thing will not zip off all the way so otherwise it just hangs there when completely unzipped. Then second the side storage pockets could get opened up too much and then you have everything in the storage pockets falling out.

I am not sure how many second cousins, only one family of my grandmothers 11 siblings, (most have passed on) is as big as my mom's family. None of them play disc golf, the one that did is dead but he was more into freestyle stuff and helped get my uncle started in 1997 who got his son then my other uncle into the sport. The then got me and my brother into disc golf who then we got a cousin and his dad into it, the rest of that family is now a nightmare due to the mom who messed up her youngest a son who is 10 years younger then the youngest daughter and oldest sister who is odd and brain snapped when turning 25. Sad as the one aunt is related and I liked her until a few years before she gave birth to and spoiled the youngest a Son. She even played disc golf but since stopped entirely and her husbanded and son split up the discs, keeping what they wanted and selling the rest to the local club in Liverpool New York, basically Syracuse. I did have other cousins that played but one that still does or did is currently in the navy on a Sub and another may have stopped due to life getting in the way but he still has his discs and Discraft single strap bag.

no step siblings just a brother who also plays disc golf as well. My dad used to play more. My mom did play occasionally and at tournaments if the molds were something I or my brother would not use we would get a US mold more suited for her then something for us. How my mom has a Buzz as I find the mold odd and she can use it though she prefers a Comet or a Rubber Putter for the midrange to approach shot. She can't get power ever and her shots only seem to be like 40-50 feet why she uses more US molds in light weights. My dad could only for his first few rounds only throw forehand with the smoothest forehand I have ever seen due to him honing it throwing Frisbee's and other toy discs in the 1970's to 1990's.

Just a sampling of the savant himself....Casey, as your self-appointed manager, I suggest the FIRST thing you do on January 1st 2020 is start a "Casey 1988 - AMA" thread.

Guaranteed to be thread of the year!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Thread DRIFT....

Just a sampling of the savant himself....Casey, as your self-appointed manager, I suggest the FIRST thing you do on January 1st 2020 is start a "Casey 1988 - AMA" thread.

Guaranteed to be thread of the year!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Do it, Casey. I promise to report any post in that thread made by Streets. :popcorn:

Here we go...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Castle.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 125
ESP Buzzz my wife found online somewhere... I thought it felt like the slipperiest disc I've ever felt in my life, but it actually is just fine. It flies very straight so I'm gonna put it in the bag, first time I've bagged a Buzzz in 5 years probably.

yeah was one of the first discs I really liked to throw and always have. it goes where you toss it but little forgiveness etc. It was the only mid talked about besides rocs and few others here b4.