• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs Landing Together

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
I've noticed lately that my playing partners and I tend to land our discs really close together at least one or twice per round. (And I'm not talking about all our putts in the basket! :p Smartasses.) Does anyone else do this unintentionally? It seems to happen the most with my brother and me or my son and me, which happen to be the two people I regularly play with. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. My brother's and my tee shot.

Attachments

• Landing.jpg
    Landing.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 146
the real question is:

what discs are those? and SHOULD they have landed in the same spot, or does someone have turrible form?

this morning at segley woods was playing the outback by myself. i tee off on 25 red, the long tee. give a wasp a pretty good tug on a slight anny. it seems like a pretty good shot, but it goes out of my sight. i than walk up and tee off from the blue, the short tee for the hole.

i slip and monkey paw my disc. i walk down the fairway and can't find the wasp (which is black and green zombie dye (thanks agentpeebody) without my name/number on it). i than go get my second drive and see the wasp next to it under a log. i would have never found the wasp had i not shanked my second drive.

If two people who have relatively the same distance, and are shooting at the same target, shouldn't they be landing closely? I mean if you play 18 holes with someone at around the same skill level as you, chances are your drives will land relatively close to each other pretty often.

It's called makin mini's. Seeing that you're related, I'm glad they're not on top of one another;)

whos-got-bad-form-shouldnt-they-be-aiming-for-the-same-thing-touche.jpg

My drive landed by a Crystal Buzz today, but it didn't belong to anyone and no one was around???
But, yeah, with the groups I golf with, our discs land by each other all the time.

in our group if a disc lands on another on a drive only that the owner of that disc has to carry the other owners bag for 3 holes:thmbup:

I like it! I will have to start implementing a rule like this when I go out with my friends. :hfive:

This is all really variable. But as long as they're both in a good spot, then good on ya.

I often throw dramatically slower discs than those I'm playing with. But a wasp and a boss can still create the same lines at 300' depending on how they're thrown.

Also, just because they started at the same place, and ended up at the same place doesn't mean they had ANYTHING in common. One could have been a big hyzer and the other a long turnover drive.

One could have sat and parked while the other skipped/rolled 20'

many people don't take the landing into consideration when they throw. I have a buddy that likes short annys...but they'll often roll on him when he hits...and they make a BIG counter clockwise circle...making the anny shot entirely pointless. I may have just throw a straight shot and landed between his anny and the basket on the right side...just because I knew my disc would sit down.

\/\/

Soloman Trenton I think that the rule should also be that you have to return here to collect on that beer I owe you. When I go down there to play with you we start with a clean slate. lol

Last edited:
My son and I did the same thing this summer at a course in CA. He took the big hyzer route with his crush and I took the straight line with my valk and that's how we landed. :)

Attachments

• DSCN6773.jpg
    DSCN6773.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts