• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you play for money?

Play for who buys the next case.

and thats why youre a WISCOs. its sad when your in a city and the overwhelming majority of the people have a beer gut on them and a beer in hand. and i used to wonder why there was so many bums living there, and then i realized they live there cause you guys drink so much and throw all of it on the ground or in the trash can next to the recycling.
i will give you guys this tho, you are some of my favorite people (WISCOs all around) to play disc golf with :hfive:. all of you have so much fun when your playing. not as stressed out and serious as us FIBs. <cough..cough..Bears...cough> haha.

99% of the time I play for fun.

Very rarely, usually during a road trip with buddies or in larger groups, we'll put a dollar down for a CTP or for the winner of the round. Not enough to get anyone pissed if they lose, or get all rules lawyer-y (foot fault! :rolleyes:), but enough to make it fun and interesting. Usually the winner will walk away with enough to buy a sandwich or something. :D

If you come from a golf background, you will eventually get used to disc golfers playing for tags instead of money. I think playing for money is better because it causes less drama and I have never been stiffed after playing a round of golf with friends or family in my 43 years of playing golf. The hardcore tag guys in dg seem to have lots of drama especially if players holding low tag #'s cannot play several times a week due to family and friends, life outside of dg, work, etc. When I play in a tag match with my local club, I typically take the last tag because I could care less about which tag I have and I do not get to play consistently due to other interests, friends and family outside of dg.

Very few people around me like to play for money with the exception of leagues. I like to play for money even against guys that are likely to beat me. Playing for money definitely ups my game and I find it disappointing that more players do not want to do it.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone other than a good friend/golf buddy asking to play for cash. And it's never more than a five-spot or lunch. Low stakes still make you think about what you're doing.

I never bring it up, but am almost always willing. It's a Golf Thing.

Random dubs every Sunday, and Leagues when I can. Small investment of cash, large dividend in fun and fellowship.

I'm always down to make it interesting. In fact, I can't remember the last time I played with a group, without at least a dollar on a nine.

Our league is based on cash brackets.

$5 goes to pay out top 3
$5 is broken up- $1/ea for 3 CTPs and $2 goes to ace pot (but next season that will be $1/ace and $1/club.

$10 total, 7 ways to win. Everybody loves it, and if you're not feeling really on it you can just buy into CTPs & ace.

I did once... just so I could claim "I was a professional." :p

I played my first money round in years this weekend. I found out how out of practice I am with those.
I won $1.50.

We used to always play for something, most times $1 but it makes a difference.

Its interesting to me that on my courses not a lot of folks play for real money outside of weeklies which are kinda standard $1 to the Acepot $4-5 to payouts. But not too many 4 somes for a bit of cash. We have club and course specific tags, and even those get held onto and not played for as much as I would think they would.

I was out of town a bit ago and seemed like that local every time people played around it was for cash, even if just a dollar. If the abilities in a group varied too much no problem doubles for cash.

It does seem like a fun way to increase the practice under pressure I could use.

Ick, no thanks. I play to relax and exercise - adding a couple of bucks suddenly makes performance matter and I'd just rather not.

Honestly, the "free" part of disc golf is a lot of the appeal to me - I don't feel guilty about playing because it doesn't impact the family budget. I'll occasionally pay a greens fee, but those are special treats. I do pay a seasonal fee for one course, but it's an annual pop for $25 and it pays for the entire carload as many days as we want to go out that year. Works out to pocket change a game.

We're about half and half.. Lots of casual rounds for fun.. If it's part of our "pro tour" and 3+ guys usually skins and if someone doesn't want to a lot of times they get to be spoiler. Sunday dubs $6 to play, ace 4 ctps and top 2 or 3. Some guys always want to play for money but I'm indifferent.

Latest posts