• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever putt with a midrange?

The problem with using a mid for putting isn't that you lose accuracy, it's that you greatly increase the length of blowbys and the chance for skips or rolls. If it's really saving you more strokes than it costs you, keep doing what you're doing, but also keep in mind that there's a reason the best players putt with traditional putters.

It makes the disc drop really fast, the wind cant take it. I used to use an upsidedown aviar putter for winds and up and over obstacles

One of my friends putts quite well with a Star Cro and another friend of my uses a Crystal Buzzz with great success. Sometimes I'll use a Meteor or a Wedge for a longish anny putt.

I will often putt with a Classic Roc.

Usually because it's my go-to medium-distance approach disc and is usually about 5 feet from the basket when I walk up to it. :thmbup:

It also seems to cut thru wind better than my Voodoo on longer putts, on days when that's a concern.

The best thing I ever did for my game was taking putters outa the bag. I now putt with a clasic ROC and a RW-PRO ROC. I have shaved an average of 5 strokes off my game and feel way more confident with my short game, even in nasty weather..

i'm pretty happy with my Anode for putting, but when I shank toss and its not likely i'm going to make it, I'll pull out my Cryztal FLX Buzz and putt with it. It goes a lot farther with more confidence, and feels similar to my soft anodes so It doesn't throw off my mental game any.

I was putting with a Vector for the last month I lived in MN and for a while I couldn't miss a putt.

My main vector was intentionally beat into having a sharp nose so it flew closer to the speed of a leopard with dead neutral stability. In addition the sharp nose actually caught chains better than a putter would. I think a company could make a lot of money with a putter that has a strategically beveled edge.

Anything under 200ft, I only use a putter. I have tried putting with Mids years ago, and they just come in to fast, and are not as accurate . Putters only for me

they just come in to fast, and are not as accurate . Putters only for me

I disagree. I want a fast putter. The faster the disc gets to the chains the less break there is in the flight, and the less height is gained/lost. To me this means MORE accuracy. Not to mention a larger diameter mid has more chance to catch metal and drop in, so it doesn't need to be as accurate.

I also appreciate the extra leverage I get from a heavier and wider diameter putter. This is especially accentuated by the Vector's I had been using due to the gyro. More weight further from my hand allows me to feel the weight shift better.

Of course it is all opinion.

I have a Hammer Head that I still use for long putts on windy days.

QMS most other days.

....and long putt to me means anything about 45ft out to 90ft.

There are days when the Aviar just doesn't seem to clear the rim. On those days, I switch to my Comet. But the next day, I'm back to the Aviar.

I putt with a Gator in strong headwinds. It doesn't rise up like most discs and if(when) I miss, the overstability will usually keep it close to the basket...

Sometimes you have to dance with the one that brought you. If I have a really good tee shot or even a fantastic up shot, I will putt with whatever disc brought me there. I feel that if don't, you will create contempt in the disc's heart. Really I only do it when it is a sure thing, but I do believe that you honor the disc by letting it finish the kill.

hell yeah in heavy winds i throw my heavy z wasp like today i had to pull it out a few times my xd was kicking up in the wind and flying over the basket

The best thing I ever did for my game was taking putters outa the bag. I now putt with a clasic ROC ....

A few other posts like this made me laugh. Small diameter mids might as well be considered putters, IMO. I always get a kick out of people who say putters are worthless and they'll do something like throw a Spider for putting purposes only.

I like to reward my disc, so if I'm super parked I putt with whatever disc did it. So yes sometimes my midrange gets to feel that sweet glory of chains smacking her back. But other than drop-ins, only on pissed off second putts.

Latest posts