• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone find this ironic?

I noticed this when I disced down. I don't need 15 different molds and multiple discs of each. But..... Where's the fun in only having 12 discs in my bag and throwing 9 of them. I LOVE buying new discs I LOVE buying the latest most praised discs and I want a big voodo karma bag. The pros play for money, which is why they tend to throw discs they can trust to hit their lines. Often it's a disc they've had for many many years.

Yes, you should learn to throw one disc on multible lines, it helps alot.

But you should also have a disc for each shot. There are shots that can not be made with one disc only, i'd say 12 is the minimum one can get away with.

Almost all the discs in my bag used to be new.
Over the years i've tried a few of the "newest thing" discs and a couple of them are still in there.
Monarch and Mako are the two recent ones that come to mind.

The Champ Tern is the latest one that's quickly earning a permanent spot although i'm hearing the Star version is a bit more understable.

It's always the most awkward moment when i walk through the front door holding new discs and making eye contact with my wife.

Yea, Or when I'm explaining to a new player that you don't need much. It's an inexpensive game.. just a few discs. My wife overhears and yells " why do you have ___ then!" LOL

I have a box of four or five disc that will move in and out of my bag depending on conditions (wind) or course (length or righty/lefty inclined) Sometimes as subtle as an Opto River for a Gold Line one. Sometimes a beefy overstable Giant for a Mamba, depending on why the switch was made. My bag was pretty static for years, until I bought a DD mystery box. 6 new discs have stayed.

I know I could get away with a 5-8 disc bag. But heck, I love me some candy and it's fun to try new discs. It's not like I'm lighting up the course so why not.

I only carry 12, but rotate 4 or 5. Recently have added back some older DX plastic, which added a few shots that I couldn't make with my more durable discs. Mainly an old beat up Viper and a very flippy Stingray.