• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Does Anyone Use Millennium Discs?

I picked up a MS in the base millennium plastic, hoping it would fly like a beat Roc off the shelf. They are nice and flat and feel great in the hand, but they are a bit more stable and less glidey than I expected. I'm assuming they'll beat in to to that beat Roc slot, but a regular DX Roc will also beat in to that beat Roc slot, so I'm not sure I'll end up using this disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMS take a while to beat into turnovers. Millennium's base plastic, which is Innova's Pro plastic, is a lot more durable than a DX Roc but they fly in those sweet spots for much longer.

If you want there are a ton of understable molds nowadays. You might want to try a meteor or something that's not designed to be stable. Also, DX is glidy and goes far. Don't expect any premium plastic to have the grip and glide of a DX version where available.

I liken the MS to a blade wedge in ball golf. Hit it right and it's a thing a beauty. Roc is a little more forgiving with its added stability like a cavity back design. Nose angle are less important to determining where the disc will go.

Anyway, there is a lot of overlap in flight during a discs life cycle and there are trade offs like durability, grip, and glide from plastic types and feel like rim depth and bead vs no bead.

Finally, hardly any of the cool kids throw DX Rocs anymore ;)

AMS take a while to beat into turnovers. Millennium's base plastic, which is Innova's Pro plastic, is a lot more durable than a DX Roc but they fly in those sweet spots for much longer.

If you want there are a ton of understable molds nowadays. You might want to try a meteor or something that's not designed to be stable. Also, DX is glidy and goes far. Don't expect any premium plastic to have the grip and glide of a DX version where available.

I liken the MS to a blade wedge in ball golf. Hit it right and it's a thing a beauty. Roc is a little more forgiving with its added stability like a cavity back design. Nose angle are less important to determining where the disc will go.

Anyway, there is a lot of overlap in flight during a discs life cycle and there are trade offs like durability, grip, and glide from plastic types and feel like rim depth and bead vs no bead.

Finally, hardly any of the cool kids throw DX Rocs anymore ;)

I really like the feel of Millennium base plastic, and I have a box full of JLS's and OLF's waiting their turn for when I beat in the two in my bag. I have noticed the lack of glide compared to DX. The longest disc in my bag is still a lightly seasoned DX eagle lol, just glides for days.

I've thrown Q JLS a lot for practice. They are amazing discs! It's sad that they've dropped so much in popularity.

Currently I ponder on adding an OLF to my bag.

Cycling MS? Do they have stability? My fresh 177g M MS is pretty understable already. More understable than any of my Comets. Are Q MS noticably more stable? Am I just happen to have an understable M MS?

Because how do you cycle a mold that already starts with an understable flight? There's not much left to cycle ... maybe a second slot, but then you're already in the utility sector.

I've thrown Q JLS a lot for practice. They are amazing discs! It's sad that they've dropped so much in popularity.

Currently I ponder on adding an OLF to my bag.

Cycling MS? Do they have stability? My fresh 177g M MS is pretty understable already. More understable than any of my Comets. Are Q MS noticably more stable? Am I just happen to have an understable M MS?

Because how do you cycle a mold that already starts with an understable flight? There's not much left to cycle ... maybe a second slot, but then you're already in the utility sector.

If you do decide to add an OLF, the base plastic run 1.3 is fantastic.

Regarding the M MS, I want to like them, and they feel great in my hand, but they just...aren't...rocs. Can't really justify adding it to my bag, it's just a slight beat Roc in pro plastic with less glide

Grabbed a Scorpius at a shop, yet to throw. I like brands like Millennium and DGA a lot, and would like to throw them more. I know Matt Bell is a DGA guy, does Millennium have a champion?

Grabbed a Scorpius at a shop, yet to throw. I like brands like Millennium and DGA a lot, and would like to throw them more. I know Matt Bell is a DGA guy, does Millennium have a champion?

I'm not sure that there is a well known pro out there who throws only Millennium. Mostly I've seen the Innova guys with some Millennium stuff sprinkled in their bags...Calvin has been throwing the Draco, Barsby is pretty well know with his flock of Scorpio's and looks like Philo is now throwing a Falcon.

I really like Millennium and have a bunch of JLS and OLF's in base plastic. I'm bagging the OLF regularly...still struggling with figuring out where the JLS fits, really seems to overlap with my DX eagles

If you do decide to add an OLF, the base plastic run 1.3 is fantastic.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see what is available when I eventually make it to a shop ...

I'm bagging the OLF regularly...still struggling with figuring out where the JLS fits, really seems to overlap with my DX eagles
There's overlap. The JLS is like a DX Eagle with less fade. What other fairway drivers do you bag?

In my case it's kind of similar: It just never made the bag because it overlapped too much with Teebird and Valkyrie. I always felt a bit sad, because the JLS is such a great flyer. Also goes far for the relatively thin rim width.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see what is available when I eventually make it to a shop ...

There's overlap. The JLS is like a DX Eagle with less fade. What other fairway drivers do you bag?

3 DX eagles - fresh, seasoned, beat
2 DX banshees - fresh, super beat

I can push the eagles out to 350 max distance, 330ish on golf lines. Fresh Banshee is like an OS mid for me. My beat banshee is my dead straight exactly 300 foot disc.

Was hoping the JLS would be my dead straight 330-350 foot disc, but I'm only getting them out maybe 10 feet further than my beat banshee(310 ish)

I'm hoping if I tag enough trees they'll season in a bit longer (or my form keeps improving), but right now having a tough time finding a slot for them. DX eagles are so versatile and I have a ton of confidence with them for every shot.

Steve Brinster (2013 USDGC champion) as well but he may be struggling this year with injuries still I think it was a back thing.

Went and threw the MS some more this morning. May end up finding a slot in the bag for it. I'm actually finding that it's more comparable to a buzz than a roc. The beauty of a beat Roc is that it's a line locker, so you can really carve up some fairways if you learn to control it. The MS fights to pan out and is actually really solid for shorter flex shots. This thing is also nice and flat and beadless so it flicks like a dream

Latest posts