• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Drone, Banshee, Gator or Firebird for small bag utility

^this. Banshee might win out if you're a shorter thrower.

haha same, I'm gonna vote firebird because that's what I use most and I have good luck with it, but I can see a Banshee (a heavy/OS one) being perfect for a small bag set up.

Do what you want OP, I think Drones are OS, but not the super OS that is needed on a lot of utility shots. so..... Firebird or Banshee

Ended up picking the Firebird, it just won out over the Banshee only because it tomahawks better, other than that, they were both very workable. But playing a utility disc only round certainly was enlightening, I think the Banshee will go back in to my regular bag as well and unfortunately, the Drone is going to be shelved for a bit.

Thanks for the input.

I recently side lined my Drone in favor of a Glow Champ Gazelle. Powered down it does everything my Drone did with ease and is long enough to act as an overstable midrange disc. As much as I love the Drone it couldn't keep up with the distance I get out of my Squall and Aftershock. I only carry about 11-13 discs anyway and I'm struggling between the Banshee and Firebird option, I'm sure I'll just end up bagging both.

I'm with Qilky; put the Drone in for the Suspect, and put in the Firebird. Firebird over banshee to give more speed difference between your overstables than the Banshee would.

I'm guessing his gazelle is his shorter flip disc. So the leopard/patriot etc would be too stable for this slot. Drop the suspect. Add a verdict and drone. How far are you throwing the TB or orc?

Firebird and Suspect.

Probably didn't need my input as it seems clear the general consensus.

Don't be afraid of the Aligators!

I wouldn't say the others are wrong, cuz disc selection is all about prefrences. But having said that, i'd go with the Gator. Personally i think its hard to select just one of these overstable discs, since there's a rather large speed gap between them, but since you wanna go with just one, i'd say the Gator. I don't know your armspeed and prefered throws, but imo i wouldn't own a bag with out it. It's basically impossible to turn over, and will make some straight to strong hyzer shots from 150 to 250 without problems. I think the short and fading shots makes the Gator unique.

Despite my personal prefrences, i wouldn't hessitate leaving a firebird in there. It's a great driver, and i do have one in my bag as well. But my reason for choosing the Gator over the Firebird and Banshee is that id rather make slight compentation for hyzer drives, and throw your Orc instead of the Firebird and the Teebird instead of the Banshee, than missing out on a Gator.

But thats just me... :D

Good throwin'

Last edited:

Latest posts