• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dye alternatives, and broader ranges of colors

Badass man! Can't wait to see your results with that Pro Line! Did you get some neons?

Yep. Got neon pink and green in the Proline. I'm testing on Gateway Evolution plastic at the moment, and initially, I am not impressed by the pink. The green is nice though (I think Bennett might like it ;) ). Early days yet. I'm comparing to other dyes and hot and cold applications on the same disc. Stay tuned...

Peace,
-Jeff

I got some pink Dyemore- mixed 1/4 tsp dye, 1/4 tsp acetone, and 1 tbsp detergent and tested on the backside of a white gold line disc- left it on for about 16 hours, didnt take much. Any ideas for improvement?

I got some pink Dyemore- mixed 1/4 tsp dye, 1/4 tsp acetone, and 1 tbsp detergent and tested on the backside of a white gold line disc- left it on for about 16 hours, didnt take much. Any ideas for improvement?

Any pics? 1/4 tsp. of dye doesn't sound like enough, but I haven't tested any of the Dyemore yet. Gonna get into the Dyemore tonight, when I get home from work. Heat should always improve the dye taking to the plastic.

Peace,
-Jeff

Yep. Got neon pink and green in the Proline. I'm testing on Gateway Evolution plastic at the moment, and initially, I am not impressed by the pink. The green is nice though (I think Bennett might like it ;) ). Early days yet. I'm comparing to other dyes and hot and cold applications on the same disc. Stay tuned...

Peace,
-Jeff

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's funny, I was hoping the Dyemore Peacock Green would be a nice green... but on my test disc it's a nice tealish blue! WTF?! It was also kinda clumped up on the bottom of the pan when I poured it back into the bottle. :gross:

The Dyemore Sapphire Blue is a nice bright blue. Not too dark after 10 hours in the dip.

I put the tester in a dip of Dyemore Apricot Orange this morning and I can already tell it's going to be nice. Started taking to the plastic right away!

I've got a few more colors to add to the test disc before I post any pics of my results. Hang tight.:D

Peace,
-Jeff

Last edited:
Dyemore Super Pink on Lat64 Zero Soft plastic;

Sat for 13 hours and BARELY took at all. I've had deeper grass stains.

I realize, the Zero Soft plastic isn't great at taking dye in the first place - this was a tester, but, I was not too impressed.

I have also tried on an old beat up Innova Champ disc and it took okay... But, I would say at least double if not triple set times for the Dyemax and only use very dye friendly plastic...

Then again, I'm a total newbie to dyeing, so, what do I know?! ;)

Dyemore Super Pink on Lat64 Zero Soft plastic;

Sat for 13 hours and BARELY took at all. I've had deeper grass stains.

I realize, the Zero Soft plastic isn't great at taking dye in the first place - this was a tester, but, I was not too impressed.

I have also tried on an old beat up Innova Champ disc and it took okay... But, I would say at least double if not triple set times for the Dyemax and only use very dye friendly plastic...

Then again, I'm a total newbie to dyeing, so, what do I know?! ;)

Zero plastic will not take well at all. Ever. Any lower quality or generally gummier style of plastic usually wont take dye or if it does it will be light and fade quickly. Try star, goldline, fuzion, etc first for best results. You can also dye champ, opto, lucid, and vip but those plastics dye best for hot dips mostly I find.

Thanks, Odyssey. I've learned a TON from lurking on these forums the last couple weeks, picking up tips before I started dyeing.

I'd read that most base-line plastics won't take much. I was just using a spare junk disc. :)

The iDye Poly Black took alright, but, I'll have to do more experimenting on some old Champ/Z/CryZtal plastic before I move into my bag.

picture.php

Star Eagle L

Kentucky Sky DyeMore. Used three parts dye one part hand sanitizer. Heated mixture about 15 seconds in microwave (till it barely started to bubble) and squirted it on a shaving cream bed in an ultimate disc. Placed it in my weber bbq grill for two hours to keep it warm (no heat from grill).

My first dye, doesn't look bad. Mostly wanted to not have a white disc. Didn't get the SC bed very even, and could have used a bit more dye but you learn by doing I suppose.

May use a misting squirt bottle to apply dye to SC bed or dig out an airbrush from the garage next time.

This Alumilite works decent. Seven drops of dye and enough water to cover the bottom are all that was used. Left to sit for 45-60 minutes. The only other color I've tried doesn't work at all, fluorescent orange. It would appear the fluorescents are a different formula.

Attachments

• 20150707_124009-1.jpg
    20150707_124009-1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20150705_213623.jpg
    20150705_213623.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 84
hoping one of you experienced dye pros can help with a minor sharpie issue.. received a champ disc as a trade yesterday, but I really want to remove the name/number from the underside of the disc (it was done with a fine tip/thin point sharpie). Acetone gave it the "ghost" effect, but it is still visible on the plastic.

The disc is blue, champion plastic.

My question is, since removing the sharpie is likely out of the question - what color could I dye the disc or add to it that would help to mask the sharpie? (without dying the disc toooo dark)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

This Alumilite works decent. Seven drops of dye and enough water to cover the bottom are all that was used. Left to sit for 45-60 minutes. The only other color I've tried doesn't work at all, fluorescent orange. It would appear the fluorescents are a different formula.

Neat - do you think that level of opaqueness would translate to the bottom/underside of a champ disc?

My question is, since removing the sharpie is likely out of the question - what color could I dye the disc or add to it that would help to mask the sharpie? (without dying the disc toooo dark)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Pics?

i forgot to bring it to work with me, i will snap a few and post later this evening

ran out to hobby lobby on my lunch break, grabbed a couple Alumilites and a few packs of iDye poly. Gonna see if I can't first try to soak the flightplate in blue before trying other colors to mask (purple, darker blue, red, green)

ok friends - so i went with the purple idye poly, no intensifier. i heated up about 22oz of water and added the packet, gave it a good stir and filled up the flight plate. about 2 hours later, reheated the water/dye and added more. let it sit overnight and washed her off in the shower this morning.

you can still see faint ink... but pretty decent overall

any thoughts as to whether i should try and dye the whole thing? would adding dye to the top help significantly?

Attachments

• 0710150650.jpg
    0710150650.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts