• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Disc Soldier Cooler Bag Review

JasonM163

Bogey Member
Just recently acquired this bag after moving on from a very small dynamic disc bag that held maybe 8 discs but had zero stability and was always falling over. Plus on really hot days I was carrying another bag with drinks and ice for me and a buddy or me and my girl and it was just a PITA.

So after buying this bag I just wanted to write a review because this bag is really nice. For those who do not know, this bag has a small cooler located in the center that can hold 6 large cans or even 6 bottles of beer if you wanted as well as some ice or ice packs. To the left and right of the cooler is where you store the discs and I can fit 5 discs on each side fairly easily. There is a two pocket putter holder in the very front and two very large drink holder pockets on the right and left side of the bag directly next to another two zip up pockets.

The cooler can be removed if you know you will not be needing any drinks and it will easily hold another 5-6 discs. This bag does not come with backpack straps but I highly recommend them and they are well worth the money. For those concerned about the cooler and how well it works I can say I have fit 4 drinks and ice in there and it lasted a full two rounds before I brought out the last water bottle and it was still very cool. Mind you that is in the Texas heat a few days ago where it was already hitting 90 Degrees.

All in all this bag is awesome and highly recommended!

I use one of these as my glow bag. My areas of improvement would include a pencil/scorecard holder and a bigger pouch in place of one of the drink holders/small pouch combos. With a cooler, I don't need a second drink holder. A bigger compartment would be nice for retrievers, snacks, etc...

I'm considering picking up a Soldier Bag to be able to carry more discs while still using a single strap. (I like to play fast, so enjoy having access to my bag while moving.) I don't know how much I'll use the cooler feature, but it seems like a good option to have for the small upcharge. I have a few questions, though...

How is the rigidity of the bag with the cooler removed and no divider (that comes with the non-cooler version)? Will it constantly collapse & fall over every time I set it down?

Approximately how many discs fit in the main compartment with the cooler installed, but only half loaded? Is it still fairly easy to remove discs this way?

Latest posts