• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: CRIMINAL

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Might have been a misdemeanor ;)

Well, I think it says something that Ricky added it to his bag. Throws the Felon AND Criminal... Also an XXX. He throws the XXX for backhands, and Felon for sidearms exclusively. Every shot I've seen him throw his green criminal its on a forehand.

Well, I think it says something that Ricky added it to his bag. Throws the Felon AND Criminal... Also an XXX. He throws the XXX for backhands, and Felon for sidearms exclusively. Every shot I've seen him throw his green criminal its on a forehand.

XXX is legit. Once in a while I throw a non-gyro bag for fun, and my ace opto XXX is what I replace my Fireballs with. :thmbup:

Just ordered one of these that I plan on using exclusively for a FH shot, hopefully it works on. The glide on it is only a 3, so it sounds like we'll really have to muscle it down the fairway?

Pay no attention to the glide rating. It just means that when it starts to fade, it comes on quick. The Criminal actually stays straighter for longer than a Felon and is faster. I've been looking at the tooling and I've figured out that it is very similar to a Fortress but with more beef. For me, the Criminal is an ideal OS forehand driver when you need that hookup. The turn and fade numbers are similar to a World and for me, it flies like a slower slightly more beeftastic World.

So I currently bag a max weight lucid, which does exactly what I bought it for, although I am noticing after a month or so it is holding straight longer than it did out of the box but still a perfect os driver. I'm also looking for something slightly more hss than my most os culverin, anyone have experience with breaking in a fusion or bio? Do they lose hss or lss first?

So I currently bag a max weight lucid, which does exactly what I bought it for, although I am noticing after a month or so it is holding straight longer than it did out of the box but still a perfect os driver. I'm also looking for something slightly more hss than my most os culverin, anyone have experience with breaking in a fusion or bio? Do they lose hss or lss first?

The VIP Fortress is a slightly more HSS version of the Culverin. I'm throwing a 169g Fuzion Criminal and based on initial results, it seems like it will eventually beat into a fresh Fortress. The Criminal/Fortress combo is working out great for me so far.

The Criminal actually stays straighter for longer than a Felon and is faster.

This description has me very interested in this disc. I've always been more of a Type II overstable thrower (think predator, as opposed to firebird) and this would fit that description better than the felon does.

Would like to hear a lot more comparison to the Felon, to see if others think this is true. Or if it just 'hold straight longer' because it's actually a faster disc.

Criminal

I threw a Criminal in the field for the first time yesterday. Disc is Lucid, 176g. Here are my thoughts:

Just looking at the Criminal it reminds me of a Firebird or Felon. Very similar rim. The Criminal seems noticeably domier than the Felon.

For being an overstable disc, the Criminal covers ground decently. Thrown hard, it'll stay flat for a while before fading sharply late. This disc isn't a total glideless beefcake.

Glide is actually decent. Not remarkable, but the Criminal will stay in the air pretty well if you throw it hard. This disc also does well on hard anny lines. It'll flex out for big S curve distance before dumping off late.

Hard fade. Like almost every overstable driver, the Criminal has a pronounced fade. One thing I like about it is that the fade comes late, after the disc has already covered a decent amount of distance.

Distance with the Criminal was decent. My best rips were going about 380'. If you put this disc high, hard, and anny it'll fly nicely. The Criminal has more glide than some of the other super overstable offerings out there.

DD lists the Criminal at 10, 3, 1, 4. I'd say its more like 9, 4, 0, 4. This disc doesn't have any high speed turn, but it will fly flat decently before fading.

Overall, the Criminal seems very much like a Firebird or Felon. No one would probably ever need to bag more than 1 of those 3 molds. The Criminal is a pretty overstable disc, but one that can still be forced out for decent distance. It does well in the wind and on anny lines. Probably not a disc for beginners or noodle arms. The Criminal is a reliable flier that responds favorably to big power. It actually will flatten out and carry nicely when thrown really hard.

Isn't it OOP now? I thought this was one they they discontinued.

Isn't it OOP now? I thought this was one they they discontinued.

Could be, I haven't looked. The Criminal is too close to the Felon to keep both in the lineup. The Felon seems much more popular. I can't even say which mold I like better. They fly almost identical for me.

Latest posts