• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs - New for 2018

PMantle

* Ace Member *
20264791_10159054786710654_3923168437180941942_n.jpg

20265011_10159054786730654_8204385720811949630_n.jpg

20292929_10159054786820654_1502221296330224344_n.jpg

20375934_10159054786875654_733256795389963086_n.jpg

US mid? Seems like they are already flooded there.

I'm sorry but Getaway is a terrible name for a disc. There is something overall about all of these names that seem like they are taking a step down.

I don't like Getaway at all either. Seems like their running out of ideas but Im not too concerned about the names, as I am about the discs themselves. Pretty interested in the fairway drivers and the Captain.

Getaway? Patrol? It doesn't matter but can't help but feel they are running out of names. Not that there were any good ones to begin with with a theme like judicial system. No other manufacturer does anything that bugs me as much as DD's naming scheme. But, that's probably a flaw of mine not theirs.

As far as the discs, 2018 is still a while out. Surprised they announced them this early, didn't they do something similar last year but much closer to the end of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If the Patrol ended up something like the Discraft Archer that would be cool and something they don't have in their lineup.

Captain looks fairly wide rimmed. Maybe a longer Escape? That would be cool.

If the Maverick ended up like a DD sidewinder, that would also be cool. That is one gap that they do have in their lineup that needs to be filled.

The question is, which one is the Escape Pro? Where is the DD PD?

Well, they're not named after a disgusting bug (Roach) or pest (Rat), so the names don't bother me, and they do fit into the "cops and robbers" name themes. I'm just interested in seeing and hearing how they fly.

I am just looking forward to the Scofflaw and Recidivist.

Although I agree having a set naming system can kind of limits a company, it really doesn't matter. There are plenty of criminal justice system names without resorting to something like rapist and pedophile. I actually quite like the names Dynamic uses, even if I think it might not have been the best idea for the long term. But them, MVP, Westside, and a few smaller companies using a theme for naming at least stands out from letter+number systems (which are far more limiting for the long term) or just random names. Sure random names give you more freedom to just choose a "cool" name, but there are plenty examples of companies that have that freedom coming up with "dumb" names too.

Just make good molds in good plastics and you are doing 50% of the job right. The other 50% is marketing and operational, which I think Dynamic does a pretty good job of.

I don't find the Truth or the Evidence to be that understable. For me they are both fairly neutral but I don't have a huge arm. The Warrant is certainly understable of course.

Yes, definitely depends on arm. I played a tourney with a guy shaping awesome anny lines with an Evidence all day, but I found the Warrant to be better for me as US mid. I forgot the Proof that is 5/5/-3/1 which is more understable than the Warrant, so I am still curious what this new disc is going to be.

I don't find the Truth or the Evidence to be that understable. For me they are both fairly neutral but I don't have a huge arm. The Warrant is certainly understable of course.

Yeah, I may have a change of heart since my original post. I am carrying both a Truth and Evidence. I probably could get away with just one, but it's working out ok now. May just be my perception, but I think my Evidence holds an anny longer, and glides at the same level longer on low ceiling shots than a Truth.

I really should try a Warrant, but I really throw my Theory a lot. Since I love trying out new discs, I'm sure I'll eventually get a Warrant and this new one.

I hope the getaway is in the 6-7 speed range, dd and all of trilogy is really lacking in that category aside from the saint pro. I hope the getaway its a more hss, but less lss saint pro (aka the illusive 2nd run fd)

I hope the getaway is in the 6-7 speed range, dd and all of trilogy is really lacking in that category aside from the saint pro. I hope the getaway its a more hss, but less lss saint pro (aka the illusive 2nd run fd)

Have you tried the Gold Line Spark? It doesn't have glide 7, but it has really good high speed stability and a moderate fade. Awesome disc IMO, very underrated. It replaced Teebirds in my bag

Latest posts