• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Plastic Poll- What mold do you want?!

Next new electron plastic disc?!

• Ion

Votes: 45 25.1%
  • Anode

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Envy

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • Proxy

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • Unnamed Proto

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Vector

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Axis

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Tangent

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Tensor

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Alias

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Theory

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Volt

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • Shock

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Amp

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Resistor

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Servo

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Switch

• Clash

• Crave

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • Inspire

• Tesla

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Inertia

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Motion

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Impulse

• More baseline molds would make me bag more MVP

Votes: 28 15.6%

• Total voters
I would think Ion, Vector, Volt would have the broadest appeal. Envy seems very close to the unnamed proto so ill leave that out for now.

I myself want a Volt or Crave,Tensor, and Anode. Maybe a Tesla would be nice too.

Proxy! I really want to try one but my putters must be grippy. If I can get in soft neutron first I'll take that as well.

I'd also love to try a Tangent in electron. I often putt with my Tangent in casual rounds just for convenience because it's usually what I threw for the upshot. I just pick it back up and toss it in the chains. It's a surprisingly good putter for not being a putter. More grip would be sweet though for putts.

The correct answer is the ion, envy, and anode, but really just the ion.

I would also take a vector. The theory is interesting but I would be okay with soft N or P.

No real interest in any drivers. I don't care for base line drivers right now, so no need.

I hate hearing that the old molds won't work. Not having an electron ion will be pretty rough.

I voted Motion. Don't know why I like that disc coming out of my hand so much. Being able to cycle those would be pretty sweet I think.

^ v I think you guys are right, though, this is just theoretical fun right now, I don't thin, the process works with current molds in this plastic, though that could just mean the existing putters didn't work?

Last edited:
I recall the word being that MVP had to make new molds for the baseline as it formed up differently. They weren't sure they would even release existing molds in Electron. Unless that's changed? I'd gladly support a few throwers in this plastic though, if only similar to an Envy, Axis and Inspire ;)

Yah, I was under the same impression. Everyone else isn't though. Wishful thinking?

If i understand it they have the ability to create a mold in-house but could be wrong... I think their father made them their first mold pre MVP or Ions so doesn't seem out of the question. With a new production/distribution facility now up and running I think MVP can do pretty much anything they want but just needs to make sense. More molds in this plastic IMO, makes sense.

I want base vectors. Also voted ion and envy.

Isn't there something about their process that means they have to make a new mold to make a disc in baseline?

per their Q&A here on DGCR they stated the current molds for the premium plastic discs did not produce quality baseline plastic products. I believe Zam mentioned they made some ions but looked like hell basically compared to standard MVP quality hence the need for an actual different mold better suited for the electron plastic.

Not sure if that's still the case or what but maybe we can get some info from someone in the "know" to post in this thread.

You're all crazy, the best mold in electron would obviously be the Resistor.

Followed by:

Ion
Volt
Vector

per their Q&A here on DGCR they stated the current molds for the premium plastic discs did not produce quality baseline plastic products. I believe Zam mentioned they made some ions but looked like hell basically compared to standard MVP quality hence the need for an actual different mold better suited for the electron plastic.

Not sure if that's still the case or what but maybe we can get some info from someone in the "know" to post in this thread.

I wonder if they have tried using the production baseline plastic in the old molds? It might mold up different then the preproduction baseline mixes they tested.

I voted Servo and Crave for the potential laser straight fairway shot.
Vector because roc cycle.
Theory while waiting for my vector to season.
Envy and Proxy (and Atom) for a best 2/3 baseline drive/approach battle.
Amp because my beat slightly domey amp is money for hyzerflips, and would love that flight out of the box.

Crave would be nice. I like a nicely broken in Crave, but the Proton takes a good long time to get where I want it, so I don't end up throwing them much when they're new.

If have to vote volt to get me back on the bandwagon. Ever since I lost my early run volt I haven't put the time into getting one back into the right wear needed to make that disc really click for me. I'd also love to see an electron inspire for turn over rollers.

I voted Envy. I wouldn't be surprised if molds released in Electron are exclusive to that plastic and are limited to Putters and tweener Mids. It would be pretty sweet see an Electron Motion or Tesla though.