• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Enough of DGPlanets exclusive coverage of worlds!!!

Understable

Par Member
DG Planet is becoming a pariah within the DG Community. I use the word 'pariah' because they are forcing all the other media groups out of the coverage. Stated on their Facebook site states "exclusively on PDPlanet"

WTF!!! No coverage of the second card? No coverage of the ladies?

So no other coverage other than Crazy talking about his party days and stealing towels from the hotel room. DGPlanet will probably shutdown coverage during a round again cause they don't have their act together to provide their camera people with batteries (remember last year's Memorial?)

Come on PDGA stop giving Crazy and DG Planet this top event and in the process cutting off all other coverage...and much better than DG Planet.

Give Smashboxx the womens cards or Masters!

This is BS.

It sounds like that's the path that's being tread with the video coverage. Did you notice the European Open didn't get any coverage beyond SpinTV's whatever-it-was despite the fact that the best disc golf videographer in the game lives minutes from the event?

So below average live coverage for worlds and no rounds beyond wrap-ups for the European Open (and the Final 9 - thanks for throwing us a bone, SpinTV :rolleyes:). Yay, business!

They're exclusive on the live coverage only. We're still going to get the plethora of edited videos we always get out of the usual suspects.

Welcome to the real world. This is how it works.

It sounds like that's the path that's being tread with the video coverage. Did you notice the European Open didn't get any coverage beyond SpinTV's whatever-it-was despite the fact that the best disc golf videographer in the game lives minutes from the event?

So below average live coverage for worlds and no rounds beyond wrap-ups for the European Open (and the Final 9 - thanks for throwing us a bone, SpinTV :rolleyes:). Yay, business!

The EO also had the disadvantage of being thousands of miles away from the myriad videographers in the states that I think we're starting to take for granted. I'd bet anything that if that event had been stateside, we'd have seen more videographers there and gotten more coverage even with the tournament's media policies.

I think this is still fair. What myself and many others were more disappointed in for the EO was no live coverage of any sort until the final round. At least we should see all the rounds this way...i'll be happy. It will eventually turn into a better bidding process where the PDGA can decide on who markets and shows the sport the best. If DG Planet keeps adding cameras, angles, and commentary they might be able to retain the contract. DG Planet may have the contract now, but contracts were made to end. Honestly it's really just a race to see who can sell advertisements and sponsorships to grow their broadcasting ability since there isn't much money to be made elsewhere in broadcasting.

Once companies and players realize they can make more money by showing their logos and discs thrown...boom! Currently disc manufacturers can't capitalize on what players use/throw other than In The Bag videos. Yes logos are shown now, but not professionally shown. I think NASCAR, the top drivers are trained on how to wear hats and drink a drink. They show off the logos and give a shout out to top sponsors. People that say there isn't money in broadcasting may be right, but the market is ripe for a company to hire a marketing or business development professional...which is where the money is for the news/broadcasting industry...advertisements and marketing.

DG Planet is becoming a pariah within the DG Community. I use the word 'pariah' because they are forcing all the other media groups out of the coverage. Stated on their Facebook site states "exclusively on PDPlanet"

WTF!!! No coverage of the second card? No coverage of the ladies?

So no other coverage other than Crazy talking about his party days and stealing towels from the hotel room. DGPlanet will probably shutdown coverage during a round again cause they don't have their act together to provide their camera people with batteries (remember last year's Memorial?)

Come on PDGA stop giving Crazy and DG Planet this top event and in the process cutting off all other coverage...and much better than DG Planet.

Give Smashboxx the womens cards or Masters!

This is BS.

:thmbdown: "becoming a pariah?" You have been playing 0.1 years and already complaining about a sport that is 90% free and that gives awards at sanctioned tournaments for essentially participating. Join the PDGA and become a BOD member if you have problems with the sport already.

Ahhh Tbird, this takes me back to when you and I would have disagreements over DGPTV. :D

Ahhh Tbird, this takes me back to when you and I would have disagreements over DGPTV. :D

I swore they'd get better!

Mmm, crow!

images.jpeg

I never watch live coverage anymore.... just McFly's videos. It is pretty easy with disc golf, not like the news is going to ruin it for you with highlights from the event.

I swore they'd get better!

Mmm, crow!

images.jpeg

LOL! I wish they would do more events and give themselves the opportunity to get better, but they seem to only be doing worlds and usdgc if am correct?

LOL! I wish they would do more events and give themselves the opportunity to get better, but they seem to only be doing worlds and usdgc if am correct?

Smashboxx mentioned this week that DGPlanet will not be at the USDGC. Not sure what Innova is planning since they are the sponsor.

Maybe we should start a crowd funding campaign to get Dixon Jowers (DynamicDiscs) and Terry Miller (Smashboxx) to cover the event!!!

:thmbdown: "becoming a pariah?" You have been playing 0.1 years and already complaining about a sport that is 90% free and that gives awards at sanctioned tournaments for essentially participating. Join the PDGA and become a BOD member if you have problems with the sport already.

Playing time in this deal is somwhat irrelevant mate, I have been playing probably less but it maybe a "newbie bounce" but (I would imagine like this chap) I have been trying to find videos where I can take shortcuts and learn, (also when I played rugby, I wanted to watch rugby, I would be similar with DG) mainly because my schedule will not allow more than 1-2 rounds a week I want to learn and get better.

Personally, I have no complaints about the sport as it has all been good stuff so far.

Um...Never mind...

I never watch live coverage anymore.... just McFly's videos. It is pretty easy with disc golf, not like the news is going to ruin it for you with highlights from the event.

I used to watch Mcfly's videos when he posted them to his youtube channel, he hasn't posted a video in 7 months...

I have tried to watch live coverage, meh. Maybe if the commentating was better.

Latest posts