• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Entered My First Tournament

It's a Sunday Tournament so it is unlikely that they would do 3 rounds. I am thinking of driving in from Pittsburgh to play this one. It looks like a fun course.

Well the tournament was last Sunday. I had a great time and I learned a lot!!!

It was two rounds. The first round was from the short tees and the second round from the long tees. I usually shoot a 6 under from the short and even par from the long. I shot a disappointing 2 over from short and a dismal 13 over from the long.

I was very tight and nervous the first round. I tried to play conservative and not take any chances. I did not want to lose the tournament on one lousy hole. (Yes, at this point I still thought about winning) The weather was warm but there was a lot of shade. The pace was slower than I am used to, but I was able to relax and not let it get to me.

I brought lunch and ate outside. The weather turn hot and I was sweating like a pig!

On my first hole of the second round I threw up a 6. My discs were slipping out of my hand early. I put up a 4 on my next two holes and a 5 somewhere else. The pace was very slow. At some holes there were two groups in front of us waiting to tee-off. As the round approached the two hour mark and we still had 5 holes to play, I just wanted it to be over. I landed approach shots 40 feet from the basket and missed easy 20 foot putts.

But overall I loved it and cannot wait to do it again. I met a lot of great guys and had a wonderful time. I recommend it to anyone who has not tried a tournament.

Latest posts