• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Epiphany (A.K.A. Apophony)

How do you "reach your arm directly forward from your chest"?

You have to twist and coil your body to get the full reach back. when you reach back, your arm and chest should be close to a 90 degree angle. If not, it's really hard to get into the power pocket. A straight arm at 90 degrees is the reach part. The back part is the hip twist. This turns the plant foot half of your butt, your back and your shoulders away from the target. This coils your body and sets up an explosive athletic motion. It feels awkward cause your moving foward to your target on your throwing line but at the same time twisting your body away. Feels counter intuitive for sure.

I was just chilling in the hot tub and it hit me... I need the left side of my body to resemble a reversed letter R and the right side of my body the letter W, simultaneously in sync, when putting and driving only. I'll upload a vid when I'm done soakin...

You have to twist and coil your body to get the full reach back. when you reach back, your arm and chest should be close to a 90 degree angle. If not, it's really hard to get into the power pocket. A straight arm at 90 degrees is the reach part. The back part is the hip twist. This turns the plant foot half of your butt, your back and your shoulders away from the target. This coils your body and sets up an explosive athletic motion. It feels awkward cause your moving foward to your target on your throwing line but at the same time twisting your body away. Feels counter intuitive for sure.

thank you, i had assumed this thread was just going to spiral into trolls arguing i couldnt have said it better. i started working on reach back drills since this hit me. it was like a free 25ft on distance. now to work on timing and bracing my front leg lol