• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eric's 2017 Bag

The 2020 season is nearly upon us! First event is this Sunday, the Mr. Discgolf Birthday Bash at Sedgley Woods! My number of events for the year will be lower this year because of purchasing a home but the goal is still around 20!

Goals for the 2020 season:
  • Win at least 3 events (Seems reasonable as that would only be roughly a 15% winning percentage.)
  • 990 rating. (At 957 currently but have the opportunity to knock off 3 sub-900 rounds in the next month.)
  • 20 1000+ rated rounds this year. (I feel confident hitting this goal this year as my putting has begun to make big strides.)
  • Cash in every event. (This will be fun with playing an NT and a few A-tiers.)
  • Have a tournament C1x percentage of at least 88% and C2 of 20%. (There's no reason to not be aggressive this year. Will track through Udisc.)

My Bag Updates:
Consolidating my bag after the offseason and making the putting switch to the Focus. It doesn't have the same dumping fade as the Macana does at longer distances. They feel mostly the same in the hand and lets me make more aggressive straight at it runs from 70-80'.

Distance Drivers:
Star Xcal - Distance overstable utility.
Z Force - Most stable Force, used for big flexes and spike hyzers. 400-450'.
Austin Hannum ESP Force - Overstable workhorse driver for power hyzers and windfighting. 410-460'
Austin Hannum ESP Force - Flies like a perfectly beat Destroyer out of the box. Distance golf lines. 450-490'.
Big Z Zeus - Max distance driver for control lines. 480-500'.
Star Shryke - Pop-toppy goodness. Flip to Turnover golf lines. Power rollers. 480-510' lines.
Pro Shryke - Utility flippy.

Control and Fairway Drivers:
FAF Champion Firebird - HOLY $#!% OS utility. Thumbers, flicks and backhands. BH's push 350'.
ESP Proto Anax - Stable and Glidey. Stable fairway FH's to 340' and power BH hyzers to 410'.
2016 LE Z Glo Undertaker - Straighter stable shots to 400'. Max out at 440'. Good for wooded shots that have to cover a lot of ground with a low ceiling.
ESP Undertaker - Slow flip ups. Main driver in the woods, clean hyzerflips 390-420'.
X Undertaker - Long turnovers that need to drift right for a long time. 400'.

Mids:
Wither's Glow Champion Gator - Super beef. Big hyzers and flex flicks. 280-320'.
Z Wasp - Stable workhorse mid. 300-340'.
CT JB Wasp - More beat up of the Wasps. Flip up to flat mid shots. 330-360'.
Z Comet - New and very domey. Very turn resistant for a Comet. Can throw dead straight high ceiling shots 350-360'.
Z Comet - Beat up. Just so straight. Can push this 360' without much lateral movement or use it for slow turnovers.

Putters:
CT Jawbreaker Focus x2 - Straight in the circle putter. Floats well and good for long spin putts for approaching. Neutral stability from longer range.
Z McZone - Super stable approaches, mainly FH spikes up to 250'.
Jawbreaker Zone - Overstable approaches inside of 275'. Windy putts. Thrown hard BH will flip up and drift a little.
Cryztal Luna - Point and shoot to 300'. Flick putts.

It's been a hot minute since my last update! 2020 was a strange year in life and disc golf. Never really got anything started so I basically am moving my 2020 goals to 2021.

Goals for the 2021 season:
  • Win at least 3 events (Seems reasonable as that would only be roughly a 15% winning percentage.)
  • 990 rating. (At 952 currently)
  • 20 1000+ rated rounds this year. (I feel confident hitting this goal this year as my putting has begun to make big strides.)
  • Cash in every event. (This will be fun with playing an NT and a few A-tiers.)
  • Have a tournament C1x percentage of at least 88% and C2 of 20%. (There's no reason to not be aggressive this year. Will track through Udisc.)

My Bag Updates:
After years of hauling a bag, I've made the switch over to a Zuca cart. Easier on the back plus lets me carry a few more back ups.

Distance Drivers:
ESP Force x2 - Distance overstable utility. Board flat run from Infinite Discs
2019 Hannum ESP Force - Most stable of the Hannum Forces, used for big flexes and spike hyzers. 400-450'.
2019 Hannum ESP Force - Overstable workhorse driver for power hyzers and windfighting. 410-460'
2019 Hannum ESP Force - Flies like a perfectly beat Destroyer out of the box. Distance golf lines. 450-490'.
Proto Zeus - Max distance driver for control lines. 480-500'.
Proto Zeus - Flip up distance shots. 480-500'.
Proto Zeus - Flippiest Zeus. Long turnovers that fight out at the end. 470-500'.
Proto Hades - Flip to Turnover golf lines. 480-510' lines.
Proto Hades - Utility flippy.

2020 Ulibarri Raptor - OS utility. Thumbers, flicks and backhands. BH's push 350'.
2019 Ulibarri Raptor - Stable and Glidey. Stable fairway FH's to 340' and power BH hyzers to 410'.
Z Raptor x2 - Flippier run of Raptors. Straighter stable shots to 400'. Max out at 440'. Good for wooded shots that have to cover a lot of ground with a low ceiling.
TI Undertaker - Slow flip ups. Main driver in the woods, clean hyzerflips 390-420'.
ESP Undertaker - Long turnovers that need to drift right for a long time. 400'.

Mids:
CT JB Wasp x4 - Workhorse mid that have cycle from long hyzers to flip up and turnover shots. 350-380'.
Z Comet - New and very domey. Very turn resistant for a Comet. Can throw dead straight high ceiling shots 350-360'.
Z Comet - Beat up. Just so straight. Can push this 360' without much lateral movement or use it for slow turnovers.

Putters:
CT Jawbreaker Focus x2 - Straight in the circle putter. Floats well and good for long spin putts for approaching. Neutral stability from longer range.
Jawbreaker Zone x2 - Overstable approaches inside of 275'. Windy putts. Thrown hard BH will flip up and drift a little.
Cryztal Luna - Point and shoot to 340'. Flick putts.
Rubber Blend Luna - Turnover putter shots. Slow approaches. 330'.

Early season check in! After a bit of a ho hum start (I've learned that my putters have a minimum outside temperature to apparently work :doh: ), I recently pulled in my second MPO victory and my first tournament shooting over 1000 for the entire event! Have a double header this weekend which should be 2 strong chances for 2 wins!

• Win at least 3 events (1 down and could reasonably be done within the next 72 hours.)
  • 990 rating. (At 955 currently but my 2020 rounds won't start dropping until mid-June)
  • 20 1000+ rated rounds this year. (2 down and still feel confident hitting this goal.)
  • Cash in every event. (Unfortunately I'm only at about 25% so far but lot of season to go to raise that number.)
  • Have a tournament C1x percentage of at least 88% and C2 of 20%. (Currently at 70%/16% in 2021 but last 5 rounds are 80%/25%. Will continue to track through Udisc.)

My Bag Updates:
Swapping back and forth between the Octothorpe and Zuca. Zuca only discs are noted by a (Z)

Distance Drivers:
ESP Nuke OS - Love this thing for 400' hyzers and placement shots
ESP Force (Z) - Distance overstable utility. Board flat run from Infinite Discs
2019 Hannum ESP Force - Most stable of the Hannum Forces, used for big flexes and spike hyzers. 400-450'.
2019 Hannum ESP Force (Z) - Overstable workhorse driver for power hyzers and windfighting. 410-460'
2019 Hannum ESP Force (Z) - Flies like a perfectly beat Destroyer out of the box. Distance golf lines. 450-490'.
Proto Zeus - Flip up distance shots. 480-500'.
Proto Zeus - Flippiest Zeus. Long turnovers that fight out at the end. 470-500'.
Proto Hades - Flip to Turnover golf lines. 480-510' lines.
Proto Hades (Z) - Utility flippy.

2020 Ulibarri Raptor - OS utility. Thumbers, flicks and backhands. BH's push 350'.
2019 Ulibarri Raptor - Stable and Glidey. Stable fairway FH's to 340' and power BH hyzers to 410'.
Z Raptor x2 (back up - Z) - Flippier run of Raptors. Straighter stable shots to 400'. Max out at 440'. Good for wooded shots that have to cover a lot of ground with a low ceiling.
TI Undertaker - Slow flip ups. Main driver in the woods, clean hyzerflips 390-420'.

Mids:
CT JB Wasp x4 (1 back up - Z) - Workhorse mid that have cycle from long hyzers to flip up and turnover shots. 350-380'.
Z Comet (Z) - New and very domey. Very turn resistant for a Comet. Can throw dead straight high ceiling shots 350-360'.

Putters:
Jawbreaker Zone x2 - Overstable approaches inside of 275'. Windy putts. Thrown hard BH will flip up and drift a little.
Rubber Blend Luna x2 - Turnover putter shots. Slow approaches. 330'.

Approaching the end of the 2021 season and it's been mostly positive this year! Set career-highs for rating, 1000+ rounds, cash earned, and podium finishes! Hopefully end strong and carry the momentum into next year!

• Win at least 3 events (1 win but still have at least 2 more events this year!)
  • 990 rating. (At 965 currently. A slow start to the year and some bad league rounds will move this goal to 2022.)
  • 20 1000+ rated rounds this year. (at 9 with roughly 4 rounds to go. Still a career-high.)
  • Cash in every event. (Cashed in 10/21 events so far but am in the top 15 for cashed earned this year in PA.)
  • Have a tournament C1x percentage of at least 88% and C2 of 20%. (Currently at 76%/18% in 2021 but last 5 rounds are 74%/21%. Will continue to track through Udisc.)

My Bag Updates:
Bag stays pretty stable. Put my flippy Zeus' in a pond so I have a very stable Shryke in that slot for the time being.

Distance Drivers:
ESP Nuke OS - Love this thing for 400' hyzers and placement shots
ESP Force - Overstable workhorse driver for power hyzers and windfighting. 410-460'
ESP Force - Flies like a perfectly beat Destroyer out of the box. Distance golf lines. 450-490'.
Star Shryke - Flip to Turnover golf lines. 480-510' lines.
Proto Hades (Z) - Utility flippy.

2020 Ulibarri Raptor - OS utility. Thumbers, flicks and backhands. BH's push 390'.
2019 Ulibarri Raptor - Stable and Glidey. Stable fairway FH's to 340' and power BH hyzers to 420'.
Z Raptor - Flippier run of Raptors. Straighter stable shots to 400'. Max out at 440'. Good for wooded shots that have to cover a lot of ground with a low ceiling.

Mids:
CT JB Wasp x3 - Workhorse mid that have cycle from long hyzers to flip up and turnover shots. 350-380'.

Putters:
Rubber Blend Luna x2 - Turnover putter shots. Slow approaches. 330'.

Quarter of the way through the 2022 season and finally starting to turn in some good rounds! Nicer weather definitely helps.

My Bag Updates:
Bag stays pretty stable. Couple of changes in the flippy drivers and overstable utilities.

Distance Drivers:
2021 LE ESP Nuke OS - This disc is a Tilt-lite. Goes 350' and nosedives. Big skip shots.
2022 LE ESP Force - Newest force in the bag. Used for consistent hyzers and hard flexes. 400-450'.
2019 Hannum ESP Force - Middle of the road for the foces; used in the power hyzer slot in nice conditions and as a straight shooter on windier days. 400-450'.
ESP Force - Flies like a perfectly beat Destroyer out of the box. Distance golf lines. 450-490'.
Proto Zeus - Used for flip up lines that don't have room to over shoot holes. The proto run has a lot less glide than the stock runs. 480-500'.
ESP Nuke - Flip to Turnover golf lines. 480-510' lines.
Proto Hades - Utility flippy.

Z Captain's Raptor - OS utility. Thumbers, flicks and backhands. BH's push 350'.
2020 Ulibarri Raptor - Overstable run of Raptor. Use in shots that need a lot of fade but still need 350-400'.
2019 Ulibarri Raptor - Stable and Glidey. Stable fairway FH's to 340' and power BH hyzers to 420'.
Z Raptor - Flippier run of Raptors. Straighter stable shots to 400'. Max out at 440'. Good for wooded shots that have to cover a lot of ground with a low ceiling.

Mids:
CT JB Wasp x3 - Workhorse mid that have cycle from long hyzers to flip up and turnover shots. 350-380'.

Putters:
Rubber Blend Luna - Turnover putter shots. Slow approaches. 330'.

Latest posts