• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] ESP Stalker vs S-FD

Wreck

Par Member
Hey guys, I currently have a proto 174g White ESP stalker that I've been using for about a year and half now. I Love the thing for straight shots in the woods, to slight Hyzer's. Thing has the tiniest amount of turn and then a super soft fade. I throw Z's but they beat to where you have to hyzer flip them and I've never been great at that. I was looking into buying some replacements, but have found them to be extremely rare. Typically I don't like throwing OOP discs cause I don't wanna pay the money. I'm curious if the FD could take over for the Stalker if/when it get's lost?

The Volt is extremely close to a Stalker's flight as well. I've found my CryZtal Stalker to be my most overstable, those should be easier to track down than the white ESPs.

I would say that the two don't compair well. If you go with a domie SFD you will get more of a leopard/JLS flight in my opinion. I would say alot more Left to right movement then a stalker, both in turn and in fade. A Flat SFD may give you a close flight but probably a little more fade then the stalker. A domie CFD still had the high speed turn just seams to come out the turn better. A Flat CFD for me goes dead strait with a hard fade, I like it becuase I can really crank on it and will not get alot of turn out of it but get a consistant and hard fade. Just my opinion and $0.02.

I'm an avid stalker thrower and a well used cryztal replacement would be good but won't go as far as the ESP

sfd has more glide than the stalker. i threw the stalker for a long time when i threw rocs and you have to throw them hard and high to make them go far ,after i grabbed a buzzz,i rarely touched the stalker.

its a nice disc but surprisingly lacks glide considering its large diameter

I'm an avid stalker thrower and a well used cryztal replacement would be good but won't go as far as the ESP

See...I love the distance and glide I get. But mostly I just love the solid stability. It really is like a Z buzzz in the respect, barely any turn, straight at the target.

Can any combo of plastic/weight for the FD replicate that flight path?

I have a pair of white ESP Stalkers, but they're in storage now that I learned the secrets of the white ESP Buzzz. ;)

sounds to me like you are looking for frozen rope straight? weight dependent, yes SFD can do that. CFD little less likely.