• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Evanston, IL to Madison, WI

lordofchance

My G/F, DG Buddies and I have decided to take a small weekend getaway on (August 6th - 8th). We have decided to pack up Friday night to leave Evanston, IL and check into our Hotel in Madison, WI the same night.

We are planning on hitting up the WI state fair on one of the days and would like to spend the day disc golfing before we head home on Sunday night.

I was originally hoping to hit up Dretzka Park and Brown Deer DGC in Milwaukee while in the area, but I saw last night there is a tournament taking place at Brown Deer that weekend. Could you guys recommend 2 or 3 courses which could be hit up in a days time?

Last edited:
I just realized the tournie is the Mad City Open and is not at Brown Deer. That's what I get for planning a trip a 2am ;)

The group that is going has really only played 2 or 3 around the Joliet, IL area and we have never played out of state. Most of us are just starting to get back in to DG after about a year and 1/2 hiatus.

Well, if you plan on going to the fair and stuff you might want to skip Madison(because of the Open) and stay in Milwaukee.

Brown Deer, Dretska and the fair on Saturday and on your way back down on Sunday you can hit Parkside and the new Grey Fox courses...Or any combo of the above

Make a point of breaking up your drive and checking out Fox River Park in Silver Lake WI (just over the IL/WI border. There are 2 courses there and the brand new 18-holer is really good. IMO, a better choice than UW Parkside if you are to choose one over the other.

+1

If I had to choose one or the other, yes, Grey Fox @ silver lake

Make a point of breaking up your drive and checking out Fox River Park in Silver Lake WI (just over the IL/WI border. There are 2 courses there and the brand new 18-holer is really good. IMO, a better choice than UW Parkside if you are to choose one over the other.

Well, if you plan on going to the fair and stuff you might want to skip Madison(because of the Open) and stay in Milwaukee.

Skippy,

Thanks for the advice I did a bit more searching and found a hotel right by Dretzka. I have to admit the pricing is a lot cheaper then I expected around Milwaukee.

Skippy,

Thanks for the advice I did a bit more searching and found a hotel right by Dretzka. I have to admit the pricing is a lot cheaper then I expected around Milwaukee.

Good to hear, you guys should have a great time. I will say from past experience.

If you are hitting BOTH Brown Deer and Dretzka in the same day.

Do Brown Deer first...........