• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever called the cops on a disc thief?

I know a course like this. Short holes and lots of large groups of teens. You can tell its more of an excuse to hang out and smole and make fun of each other than to actually learn. There are some teens who are interested in getting better at disc golf, but the ones who steal are not those guys.

Its actually the other nearby course that is more likely to have that kind of teens. But like Roadtripstuff said, they do go to this course and its not hard to spot them. But I think this would be true of almost any course that isn't out in the boonies.

Its actually the other nearby course that is more likely to have that kind of teens. But like Roadtripstuff said, they do go to this course and its not hard to spot them. But I think this would be true of almost any course that isn't out in the boonies.

Totally agree. My buddy and I have started going out of town a lot on our days off in order to avoid the large crowds and these sort of people. Its a shame really, although I have played some good courses in my area lately.

yep me too, Lately I've gone out to play Lobdell and Sunbury on days off. I tend to get annoyed waiting at tees and feeling rushed because the course is crowded behind too.

whoa what??? :eek:

Well, I'm the guy that momentarily had his disc stolen from Rum Village in South Bend.

This was on hole nine. There was a drunk in the fairway that I first noticed when I saw him relieving himself on a tree.

As I headed up to pick up my approach shot and putt in, this drunk walked ahead of me and picked up my disc and started walking off with it. I yelled at him to put it down, and he replied, "You nearly hit me in the head with it. It's mine now." I yelled at him some more, and he pulled a knife on me and said, "You really want your disc back?" I yelled some more, pointing out to him that he shouldn't be walking through the middle of a golf course.

Eventually he put the knife away and started walking off. I got a cell phone, called 911, and started following the guy. Eventually my call to 911 got dropped, which was unfortunate. I'd have loved to see this guy hauled off. But when we got to the edge of the park he tossed the disc to some other golfers. I told them what happened and they gave the disc back.

Worst round of golf ever......

Holy Cr@p Osbo. That really sucks! A stolen disc is bad enough but threat of assault! I'm glad you got your disc back and that you weren't hurt. ...maybe that drunk will wander into the east race. (used to live in the area) :)

Well, I'm the guy that momentarily had his disc stolen from Rum Village in South Bend.

This was on hole nine. There was a drunk in the fairway that I first noticed when I saw him relieving himself on a tree.

As I headed up to pick up my approach shot and putt in, this drunk walked ahead of me and picked up my disc and started walking off with it. I yelled at him to put it down, and he replied, "You nearly hit me in the head with it. It's mine now." I yelled at him some more, and he pulled a knife on me and said, "You really want your disc back?" I yelled some more, pointing out to him that he shouldn't be walking through the middle of a golf course.

Eventually he put the knife away and started walking off. I got a cell phone, called 911, and started following the guy. Eventually my call to 911 got dropped, which was unfortunate. I'd have loved to see this guy hauled off. But when we got to the edge of the park he tossed the disc to some other golfers. I told them what happened and they gave the disc back.

Worst round of golf ever......

Thats when I would have pulled my own knife from my back pocket, and I would have said "OK, now lets you and me dance" while holding out my knife. I am sure he would have backed off. See, they don't expect you to be armed. I always am. Just kind of keeps things even. If I am going to get hurt, he is going to be going to the hospital with me.

Thats when I would have pulled my own knife from my back pocket, and I would have said "OK, now lets you and me dance" while holding out my knife. I am sure he would have backed off. See, they don't expect you to be armed. I always am. Just kind of keeps things even. If I am going to get hurt, he is going to be going to the hospital with me.

Or Midnight's dream of 5,000 posts will never be realized. :(

Very Christian of you....i am glad we have fine men like you crusading around in the Christian bikers club.

Very Christian of you....i am glad we have fine men like you crusading around in the Christian bikers club.

OK, that me explain what I am saying. Too many people like to try to intimidate others. If you are armed , they will most likely back off. I am not going to stand that and get attacked by some knife yielding dude and not defend myself.

I will try to do everything I can do defuse the situation, but if someone attacks me, its on. I was picked on in school, because I was a little weak kid, but now I don't let people push me around.

I will not start a fight with anyone, but if someone makes the first move, even if I loose, they are not going to be going to bed that night happy. That is all I am saying.

I apologize if I came across the wrong way. I don't condone violence, but I also don't agree with just lying down and taking it.

I'm with Midnight on this one. I'm not one to just let someone walk on me.

thats the bad thing about rum village...its not that bad anymore or at least not as bad as it was...although we had quite a scene the other week when we finished our round to meet the other league I noticed there was a large population of....african americans....parked around in a circle and about 20 of them hoopin and holler'in and I guess we missed the "boxing" going on before we got there...I got out of there as soon as we were done, but some of the other guys stayed around. I guess the recreations cop pulled in and had a few words with them, she ended up getting ran out of there and 2 of the guys chased her, she must have called the cops becuase soon as she exited the park with the two following her in their car (along with a few others at this point becuase they wanted to make sure there "homeboys" were ok) about 8 cops came outta nowhere and surrounded them on a public street...the rest of them that were in the parking lot walked down and watched what was going on from the street, and watching there buddies have guns pointed on them and telling them to get out of the car....I wish I woulda stayed :p

No cops involved in this one, just sweet justice for some disc thief.

So I'm playing at Acorn with a couple friends and a guy that just ended up playing with us. One of the holes I had a bad tee shot where I really messed my footwork up and threw off my back foot to avoid going past the tee box and stepping in a giant puddle, my disc went off to the left along some brush/trees. So I go in after it and don't find it right away, there is a group of prob about 8 high school kids behind us who are just walking around throwing discs not waiting for any one else to get out the way etc. Some of them also go relatively close to where my disc was. I told them I was looking for a disc as well and let them know what it was, they didn't reply.

After looking for prob 20 min in the area where it should have been, I had to give up. It didn't make sense that I couldn't find it, but it wasn't anywhere to be found.

The guy that joined up with us had a shot that was pretty good, just off the fairway in some taller grass. when he went up to get his disc it was also mysteriously gone. He ran up to the other group that had past us when I was looking for my disc, and sure enough one of them was about to use his disc on the next hole. I didn't think much of it at the time, thinking I simply couldn't find my disc, so I didn't bother to go after them. Later after thinking about how I couldn't find what should have been a findable disc, I was convinced that they had to have scooped mine as well.

Well last night I get a random call from someone saying they found my bag of frisbees and would like to return them to me. So I go meet up with the guy who has one of the kid's duffle bag from the day before, full of discs, with only one of those discs having a name/number on it - MINE. I give the guy $10 for actually calling me and am on my way with the looter's loot. Not alot of good discs, 3 putters, a couple Z cyclones and an X XS. But I was amused nonetheless at how the whole thing played out. If the kid had any way at all of getting in contact with him I might tell him where he could find his bag with a few discs missing perhaps, but given the circumstances I'm not too worried about his loss.

Latest posts