• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever play in a tournament?

Have you ever played in a DG Tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 26.1%

• Total voters
I entered my first contest a few weeks ago. Mother's Day 1986. It was a 100 year birthday party for Coca-Cola and they advertised for a "Frisbee Throw" distance contest. I've filled out several entry forms since then.

I love playing in tournaments. I am a very competitive person, and I love the pressure that a tournament situation brings - I have more fun the more pressure there is. Plus, you get to play with a lot of people that you normally don't play against and meet some other cool people on the way.

I've played in the Mid America Open every year that I've been playing disc so far, plus a few other tournaments. I'm going to try and play at least 6 this year.

Played 2 sanctioned, 1 un-sanctioned, 1 ace race last year.

2 sanctioned so far this year. Another 4-6 planned.

I've played 5 sanctioned and 2 unsanctioned tournaments since last summer, and I really wish I had started sooner.

I've played in 2 tourneys this year and have another 6-8 planned.

1. It's fun
b - I learned quite a bit from my fellow DGers
iii ~ You get to meet some really cool people
four: You get plastic (offsets the tourney cost)

I actually thought the percentage would be much higher. I played one so far and am not in a hurry to get back to one.

At the time this thread was started, my answer would have been no. But since then, I've started playing in club singles as often as I can, and I've been playing a bunch of organized doubles events. I even helped to start a doubles league. None of these are PDGA sanctioned events or anything, but they are organized events.

mini's - yes
PDGA sanctioned - not yet

I have played in one tournament since I started playing last year. It was a Southern National Qualifier for the pros. I played in the rec division since it was my first tourney and I tied for first but was announced as the division winner because I hit the ace pot. Pretty cool to play in the lowest division and still win the most money out of anybody there.