• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Experience Getting a New Course Created

theskulls

Bronze level trusted reviewer
Looked through some of the existing threads and since the county just acquired the property, I wanted to draw on the experiences of anyone who's been through the process.

So far I've emailed the county to see if they had plans and recommended they put in a DG course. I've also reviewed the existing master plans for parks but most of them are at least several years old.

I've also got a copy of the PDGA course proposal doc but don't know if we're at that stage yet.

So what has worked, petitions, meetings, other campaign types?

This is a former golf course that the county says they want to use as a passive green space but it looks like you could fit in at least one DG course there.

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gwinnett-county-acquires-former-golf-course-ingles-grocery-store-for-passive-park-records-facility/article_5d01b3c4-8bab-11eb-9345-27b1e90ed1b3.html

Attachments

• Northwoods.jpg
    Northwoods.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 19

Hello,

Sadly, we had no luck with a disc course in our area because of the pandemic last year.
A couple of useful articles:
"How to Build a Disc Golf Course" by DiscGolfPark
"How to Get a Disc Golf Course in your Area" by UDisc