• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

experiences with discmania lite basket / customer support?

vasco da neumi

Bogey Member
i ordered a discmania lite basket and put it in my living room. a couple of days and throws from less than 20 ft later i wanted to insulate the foot of the basket by applying felt pads under it and had to discover that 2 of 3 weld seams are already broken (see photos attached). only 1 more broken seam and the whole basket will be more or less useless.

i contacted the discmania-store via facebook on feb 26 but did not get any response. after another message 4 days later finally somebody answered and suggested i should better contact discmania by email. so on 1st of march i wrote an email explaining the case. shortly after this they responded and wanted details about my ordering and i sent a copy of my purchase order back to them.

this was 1 week ago and since then i didn't hear anything again from discmania. all in all: after 10 days all i got were marketing phrases like "we'll do our absolute best to find a way to help you out" or "we are more than willing to help make this right". it seems to me like they absolutely don't care. i hope in the end it's going out fine but at this moment i'm more than disappointed by the poor communication and the way they handle this case.

so now i would like to hear about your experiences with discmania's customer service and especially about the quality of the lite basket.
thanks for reading everyone!

Attachments

• crack_1.jpg
    crack_1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 33
  • crack_2.jpg
    crack_2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 31
This might be a dumb question - but you ordered this basket from the Cali location to Germany? Does the InnovaStore not ship to Germany? I have had nothing but outstanding customer service from the team at the Cali location. After they sent the phrases of they will help make this right, did you respond? Have you followed up since then? The way that I read those statements - they are willing to help out in some capacity, but if I were you I would follow up on the communication to make sure it isn't missed.

I have had really good experiences with the Discmania online store. One thing that I will say is that occasionally it took them longer to get back to me than I would have liked, but they definitely did get back to me. I had an order that was fulfilled incorrectly, and they sent me some extra discs free of charge to make up for it. I know they really do their best to uphold their reputation, and I think they just sometimes might be a little slower than you want.

If I were you I would call them: (1)-909-518-7465. I talk to those guys on the phone about once a month and they are really helpful. Just remember that they are California time...

And after typing all of that up I realized you are in Germany. No idea what to tell you except that the guys at the US store are really great. Good luck!

thanks for your input.
i always responded right after a couple of minutes and today i wrote again asking if they have totally forgotten about me. finally the store manager himself answered my email and apologized for the whole situation. he will contact discmania europe – so let's see what's coming next. :)

I got an email from them earlier and they are super busy getting ready for the first DGWT event in two days. Not a total excuse, but I know they are putting in a lot of work for that event.

update:
received a nice email from ryan rintala (discmania store manager) who appologized for the slow communication and forwarded my case to discmania europe. a couple of days after discmania gave me a 20-euro-voucher. considering the basket was 89 euro thats a quiet impressive move.
thumbs up discmania!