• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Farragut - GPS Track of All the Courses

Jah Plastifari

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I played all 81 holes at Farragut Saturday, and used the PinRoute app to track my path.

11.1 miles of walking, and 0.2 miles of driving from Cutthroat's parking area to the main lot in 4 hours and 47 min. 245 strokes, +5 for the day. Estimated 5.5 miles of throws, I played the long tees on the 5 holes that had them.

I only had to play through three groups all day.

Bottom left is 9 holes of the new Cutthroat course, the last 9 are scheduled to be put in next year. Length of this 9 is 5535', and the next 9 are supposed to be about the same for a total of over 11,000 ft. It is very open compared to the other four courses.

Bottom center is AWOL.

Top right is Wreckreator.

Top center is Northstar.

Little Black Bear sits below and left of Northstar.

Attachments

• Farragut.jpg
    Farragut.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 67
Holy smokes. I was only able to play 54 when I was there (Northstar, Wreckerator, and AWOL, in that order), and by the last few holes on AWOL I was cooked.

AWOL is a great course, though. Man, I want to make it back to ID just to play it again.

My wife and I were campground hosts there in the summers of 2014 and 2015. I played the heck out of those courses and we re-finished all of the baskets.

Based on your hole count it sounds like they have bumped Little Black Bear out from 9 holes to 18 holes? They had the baskets and were actually laying out the "back nine" when we left in 2015. But I've never seen an update.

gerth, there is a one day C tier on Saturday playing two rounds of AWOL if you are interested. Cutthroat currently only has dirt tees, but there are tee signs up. There are fairways mowed, and there is a path mowed from basket to the next tee, except for basket 7 to tee 8. Tee 8 is SE of 7's basket close to #5's tee on the hill.

markmcc, yes Little Black Bear is 18 holes now.

This will now be #2 on my travel list. My #1 right now is a trip we already have planned for the Tahoe area next month.

markmcc said:
Little Black Bear is my all-time favorite warm-up, pitch-n-putt, family friendly course. We did several "Introduction to Disc Golf" sessions out there. I'd like to see how the expanded course plays.

It used to break my heart to see a family with grandma, grampa, and the young kids head over toward AWOL for their "fun" round of golf. I'd head them off when I could!

I really enjoy Little Black Bear also. Someday I'll par all 18, stuck on +2 the last few times I've played it. Trying to par 18 par 2's in a row is challenging.