• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Approach/Upshot Disc?

If I am just approaching I will throw a Sinus SP. I got a 2 year beat one and a newer in the bag at all times. If I am making a run at it I will throw a Ridge. Only time I wouldn't use a Ridge for going at the basket is if I miss, it would fall in water or off the side of a cliff. Then I would use a newer Sinus.

150' and in, i use one of 3 discs depending on terrain and shot necessity.

(primary - a) Champion Rhyno - All purpose placement disc, wind resistant, great precision accuracy and stays on the ground @ contact. Point, shoot, park.
* Also very versatile and my primary FH disc in this range.

(Primary - b) DX Roc - All purpose. Can shape any line and get the disc to do almost anything (right turns, left hooks, straight, etc...); this is also the disc i use to aggressively attack ("run at") the pin most.

(Bastard Child) Champion Gator - When i need a strong hook, fight a super head wind, have a need to power into a forehand, or any other "save my butt" shot. I never know when i will use this disc, but when i do, it always seems to be my savior.

thrashed dx aviar p&a or newer jk aviar depending on the stability I need. I pull the p&a the most.

At that kind of range, I will be throwing a putter unless there is a severe headwind. Voodoo (straight or hyzer) or Ion (approaches that have to go right). Around 200' it becomes Comet/Roc range.