• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc?

B3NDER

Bending Rodriguez
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I made a post here last night about being new here,to sorta break the ice I guess I'd like to ask everyone what their favorite disc is, either one you currently own, or one you HAVE owned, or even if you just have a favorite disc you've never had haha.

I guess I'll start:

This is my custom dyed Gold Line Halo, I have only ever had a handful of really good throws with it, but there's just something about it I like.

GOLDHALO.jpg

Custom dyed Gold Line Halo 171 g

Last edited:
Hard to choose one favorite disc, but I might have to go with my first golf disc ever - an ivory colored rainbow stamp DX Gazelle.

going with my first as well - A yellow/orange champ banshee that's beat to hell. I've gone into two water pipes (those ones that water flows under roads through), three sizable bodies of water, and a waterfall to retrieve the thing. Even after spending some time beating in a new one I just can't replace it.

My favorite disc for throwing is, my 1st Buzzz.

Attachments

• user6253_pic12511_1301765706_thumb.jpeg
    user6253_pic12511_1301765706_thumb.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 117
Depends on the day.

I really want to say my Swords. I have been having issues getting my wrist to fire recently and thus have been having troubles getting snap into my drives. This means a lot of wrist rolls and grip locks. The Sword basically is a very not-descript driver when this happens. Yet when I nail the line and get that snap, the Sword is the straightest, meanest maximum distance driver I have ever seen. I want this disc to be my main driver. Right now it shares duties with a Pro Destroyer when I am unsure of the situation and whether I can generate snap on that given throw.

Star TeeBird. The heavy Gold Line Rivers were my good-to, jaw-dropping fairway drivers for over a year. Ever since I smacked a tree backhanded at full force, the River has not flown right out of my hand since. The TeeBird with its modestly more LSS helps me by being able to handle that extra muscle I sometimes put into the throw to compensate for less snap. Right now I am rocking a new heavy Star TeeBird and a light and beaten Star TeeBird that covers almost all of my fairway shots. I have had four ace runs with these TeeBirds in the last three weeks, every time missing by no more than a foot. I still keep a River in my bag so I can continue to practice in hopes to get back to my old form, but its role has been diminished to stand and deliver upshots.

Star Ontario Roc. I can drive and approach with this disc with very good, almost deadly accuracy. I have had several ace opportunities jump out of the chains with this disc, once during one of the biggest tournaments of the year and while I was sitting on the top card. Just hitting the chains of course makes me feel good that sometime I am going to be seeing several of them going in. I do not necessarily like the grip of the Ontario Roc, but I cannot complain with its results. Right now with the issues I have been having with my drivers, having an accurate 2nd shot is the only thing keeping me remotely competitive.

R-Pro Polecats. This is such a glidy, neutral disc that it is tremendously fun to throw. It shares the putting duties with Organic Wizards, and depending on the situation, the potential the Polecats give me for running the basket from almost any approachable distance makes these discs so much fun to throw. With a stack of them I could spend an hour or two at home on my portable just running the basket from 100-120 feet out.

My current favorite is a star Roc +. I seem to have a new favorite about every six months.

Blue beat to hell and back 11x champ teebird! Use it for all my anny shots, straight shots, forehand rollers, pancakes. Does everything!!! Have had it for 8 months and has a piece of it on every tree in Cincinnati but is ageing so nicely!

Not even hard to choose: MD2, especially the orange first run P-Lines.

Pro Wraith 175g, about 3-4 years old, flies beautifully. I lost it about 2 weeks ago, and ordered an "identical" disc down to the color, which turned out to be completely different. I was really disappointed.

Then I got a call today that a kind soul in Lexington VA had found it and is returning it! Made my day.