• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg's Bag

johnc99

So I was wandering around the USDGC last weekend with my buddy Phil and he pointed out Dave Feldberg's caddy carrying this enormously overstuffed bag of discs, and I wondered what the heck he's got in there. Found this list from his website, I'm sure it's a couple years old and he's changed stuff around (we all do right?) but I thought it was pretty interesting. Looks like 11 molds (or 12 if you count the big-bead vs no-bead aviar) and 40 discs, yikes!

http://www.davefeldberg.com/borgsbag.html

10 x kc aviar 175 grams- main putter
10x kc aviar 175 grams - practice putter
1997 am worlds aviar, 172 grams- outside the circle putts

first run dx rhyno, 173 grams -approach
early dx rhyno 174 grams - two finger rollers

first run 8x kc roc (rainbow roc)-approach
10x kc roc 180 grams- approach
10x kc roc 179 grams (this one is missing)
10x kc roc 179 grams - approach
11x roc, 177 grams - approach
11x kc roc 180 grams-approach
12x kc roc 180 grams-approach
12x kc roc 180 grams-approach

first run star whippet-x 174 grams - spike hyzers
10x kc whippet-x 174 grams - spike hyzers

champion eagle-x 174 grams - utility disc
champion eagle-x 174 grams -utility disc
champion eagle-x 175 grams-utility disc
champion eagle-x 174 grams-utility disc
champion eagle-x 174 grams -utility disc
champion eagle-x 175 grams -utility disc
champion eagle- x 174 grams -utility disc
10x kc taffy eagle 175 grams -utility disc

11x kc blend tee-bird 174 grams - straightest driver
10x kc taffy tee-bird 174 grams - turnover drives
first run star tee-bird- 174 grams- medium distance driver

11x champion firebird 175-grams -best wind disc

early night-shift sidewinder 174 grams- sky rollers

eco-star ex-caliber 174 grams -windy long hyzers
eco-star ex-caliber- 174 grams -windy long hyzers
eco-star first run ex-caliber 175 grams -windy long hyzers

star eco-destroyer 175 grams - long hyzers
eco-star destroyer 174 grams -distance hyzers
first run star destroyer 174 grams
first run star destroyer 175 grams- long rollers
first run eco-star destroyer- 175 grams - long hyzers

proto pro boss 175 grams-distance hyzers
proto pro boss 174 grams -distance hyzers

:eek:

He's got more than that...Molds and discs. He pays his caddy well though...My buddy caddied for him when he won the Player's Cup and gave him 10% (of $10000!!!).

I think it's weird that he calls his Rocs "approach" discs. I've seen video of him throwing them ~350.

does he really need the whippets AND the FB? does he really need the SW? what does the Boss do that his Destros don't?

wtf is a two finger roller?

keltik said:
I think it's weird that he calls his Rocs "approach" discs. I've seen video of him throwing them ~350.

does he really need the whippets AND the FB? does he really need the SW? what does the Boss do that his Destros don't?

wtf is a two finger roller?

He is looking to park everything inside of ~350, so yes it can be considered an approach disc.

Whippets and FB? They are two completely different discs. Just cause they are both overstable doesn't necessarily mean overlap.

Bosses? Doubt he still uses them, but when you have 40-50 discs in your bag....well, you catch my drift.

I can't find it right now, but Dave did an interview with Billy Crump about his bag back when Dave was a part of the winni crew. It was pretty ridicules.

jsun3thousand said:
I can't find it right now, but Dave did an interview with Billy Crump about his bag back when Dave was a part of the winnie crew. It was pretty ridicules.
It was from one of the USDGC's I believe, if were talking about the same video. He was saying how when he found a new disc he liked throwing or was going to work with, he'd put three in the bag.

juju said:
Bosses? Doubt he still uses them, but when you have 40-50 discs in your bag....well, you catch my drift.
The Boss now has his name on it. You can bet there will be one in the bag whether he needs it or not.

NoLifeLeft said:
juju said:
The Boss now has his name on it. You can bet there will be one in the bag whether he needs it or not.

Trey133 said:
...One huge thing I noticed taking a look through the pro's bags... Bosses are gone. Bosses are a thing of the past for all of them, even feldberg was throwing destroyers and his name is on the damn thing.

ferretdance03 said:
Trey133 said:
...One huge thing I noticed taking a look through the pro's bags... Bosses are gone. Bosses are a thing of the past for all of them, even feldberg was throwing destroyers and his name is on the damn thing.

The only reason he picked that disc is because he thought that it would sell well (which it probably has). If I was making a cut on each disc sold, I would definitely choose a max distance driver, because so many noobs eat that chit up.

I bet he knows those discs better than most of us know our minimal bags though. The more you play with the same stuff the easier it gets to add a new disc to the bag.

8 Eagles sounds more like specialty than utility.
(But I suppose some of those are back-ups)

booter said:
also the 2 finger roller he's referring to is a cut roller I assume

I've noticed some of the guys using the term "2-finger" at DeLaveaga...it means forehand/pistol/flick/sidearm/etc..

Mad Scientist said:
8 Eagles sounds more like specialty than utility.
(But I suppose some of those are back-ups)

Yeah, and one thing it doesn't mention is that they are all CE Eagles.

Mr. Feldberg, despite having a college degree in another language, needs to learn how to indicate possession on his website.

Meh, the apostrophe is going to disappear in a few decades anyways. It's not a big deal.

Hey guys I was just wondering why you guys think that pros don't use bosses. Are they just less reliable than destroyers? Have you guys seem them throwing any speed 13 discs?

Edit: Just realized that I bumped a super old thread, my bad. Still curious about this though.

Bumping ain't bad if there's still discussing to be done. I'm guessing it's a reliability issue, and probably because boss just isn't any better in really anything than the current discs out there which they've already accustomed to.

Latest posts