• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding discs all the time

SoSunny

Par Member
What do you do when you find discs? I find a lot of unmarked new discs and i usually pawn them off when i get a stack only if in good condition. A lot of times if number on it ill text and they say keep it. I usually hide it somewhere if they want it back . if the disc doesnt look appealing i leave it on the ground.

I just found two on a course I played this week.
The first was in a weird place and it was in good shape, hadn't been there too long. No name or number and being Innova, I'm adding it to my fieldwork bag and possibly to my main bag.
So I throw it on the next hole (just to see what it does), and it goes deep in the rough, as I'm retrieving that one, I find another one that had been there a while. Once I get home and clean it off, I find a name and number. Have texted twice now, even mentioned his name and DG, no response. It's actually in (surprisingly) decent shape, so its going in the fieldwork bag.

Best way to search a topic on here is use Google (or whichever), type what you're looking for plus dgcoursereview.

Best way to search a topic on here is use Google (or whichever), type what you're looking for plus dgcoursereview.

I use 'site:dgcoursereview.com' to limit my searches to this site.

I find it odd that disc are being left behind, when its obvious they never should of been lost, as in right out in the open. I used a practice field near my home, that's 10 miles from the nearest course. It's excellent with concrete to use as tee pads. This past week I've found a Sidewinder and a Pro Wrath. Both laying in short grass and hard to miss. Same thing on the course several times. Its like they no longer want them.

What I do is text the number on the disc, the I tell them where on the course I've hidden the disc.
However, when they get there, all they'll find is the first of a series of elaborate riddles. If they solve all of them it leads them to my house. Then, when they ring the doorbell, I run around the back of the house and ambush them and throw their disc at them and usually hit them (the path leading to my door is narrow and I usually get them on a ricochet even if my aim is poor). Then I laugh. Sometimes, they laugh with me but usually they're pretty mad. I may need to try something different

I find it odd that disc are being left behind, when its obvious they never should of been lost, as in right out in the open. I used a practice field near my home, that's 10 miles from the nearest course. It's excellent with concrete to use as tee pads. This past week I've found a Sidewinder and a Pro Wrath. Both laying in short grass and hard to miss. Same thing on the course several times. Its like they no longer want them.

A lot of times this is because they threw multiple shots off the tee and forgot one. Other times it's because they didn't watch it close enough off the tee.

I'm yet to forget one after multiple tee shots, but if I stuff a long putt or throw in, there is at least a 50% chance that I'll leave my disc.

My other issue is that "one last throw" before dark. I huck one out in the fairway and realize that I can't see anything when I'm not looking at the sky.

but if I stuff a long putt or throw in, there is at least a 50% chance that I'll leave my disc.

lol, you reminded me several months ago when I threw a birdie in from about 175 feet out. I kept looking back at the distance admiring myself as I kept walking right on by the basket to the next tee. 6 holes later I went for my disc in the bag and discovered it was still in the basket. It was still there, nobody else was on the course that early in the morning.

Leaving a second tee shot is the worst feeling when you go to grab it like the next day and it all hits you.

Done it more than I like to admit. And once with a dye I really, really loved. Threw one on hole 1. Then someone else asks to join so we all throw again. Totally forgot about the first one.

I also leave them in bushes and bad lies more often than elsewhere. Sticking a foot way in there, bail as you throw, easy to forget to reach back in there.

I find it odd that disc are being left behind, when its obvious they never should of been lost, as in right out in the open...

Way too often, I've searched and searched to no avail and am about to give up when finally I find it right out in the open because I was looking in the wrong place. On the bright side, I've found some other (not mine) well hidden discs this way.

you mean the k-hole you live in?

"People describe a K-hole as an out-of-body experience. It's an intense sensation of being separate from your body. Some say it feels as if they're rising above their body. Others describe it as being teleported to other places, or having sensations of "melting" into their surroundings."

huh... just when you think DGCR has lost it's ability to teach you something new. :clap: :thmbup: