• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Finding Perfect Approach/Putter

Achasteen

I'm looking for a midrange/putter that falls between a Mako3 Disc (5/5/0/0) and a Stingray Disc (4/5/-3/1)?

The Mako3 fades too early when powered down and the Stingray turns and wanders slightly too much right. Trying to find a perfect solution.

I am wondering about a Dart (3/4/0/0) or Cobra (4/4/-2/2), would one of these be a mix of both?

Thanks

Last edited:
What about a proxy? That's pretty close to what you are describing.

For mids:

Comet, Comet, Comet
Wombat3
M4

Lots and lots of straight-flying putters out there. What putter do you use, and will it fly the line you want?

For mids:

Comet, Comet, Comet
Wombat3
M4

Lots and lots of straight-flying putters out there. What putter do you use, and will it fly the line you want?
I used to use the Mako3, but recently I have been using the Stingray. The Stingray is a great disc, but I'm looking for something slightly more stable.

I actually have a Wombat3 and that does sound like a good suggestion, except I don't like the vtech ridge on the rim. I will have to look into the Comet and M4.

From what you are describing, you are looking for something that stays straight without fade when powered down, but not have too much turn under power either. I have found that slower discs (putters) come the closest to being able to do both. Faster discs always have some fade when powered down - just the way it has to be.

Proxy might be close for you to try, but it will turn over a bit under full power, and have some small fade when powered down. MVP Spin? Dynamic Discs Deputy? Discraft Fierce? Slower but straighter. Just a difficult combo to get out of a disc.

Last edited:
Gstar Colt can be thrown 50 feet or 250 feet straight to straight finish. Comet can do pretty much the same but a little bit longer and floatier.

Gateway Evo/HD Chief very little to no fade but the faster you throw it the more it will turn. After a bit of beating in anyways.

I think the Proxy is probably too straight. It's not really naturally understable. Comet, again I think too straight. You want something that turns some but not fade. I think Chief is the best disc I know of. Comet could work if you beat it in some and in X. But even then not much turn.

Latest posts