• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Congrats to MrFrosty whom eclipsed the 350 thumb threshold today. 108 reviews already in just over a year! Having played several courses he's reviewed, I can attest to the helpful nature of his reviews and his consistent review rating method. When i play a course he's rated highly, i know its going to be an awesome course. A big thanks to him for his contributions.

Unfortunately, he's apparently short of the 75 uniques to make gold level TR. If you have not seen one of his reviews I encourage you to visit his page and have a look for yourself. he's reviewed 3 of the DGCR top 25. Flip, Rollin ridge and Moraine.
his dgcr page link is below
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=79171

Congrats to Wolfhaley whom just crossed the 1000 thumb-up plateau. Just a absolute wealth of knowledge he's contributed to upper mid-west region. He's every bit as worthy of diamond along with the other three wisco reviewers Harr0140, Stardoggy and tallpaul. Not sure if he's going to have the 250 uniques yet, but i would assume he's close. Notable reviews include, Rollin Ridge, Fairfield, Blue Ribbon Pines, Idlewild, The Canyons, Flip, Wilderness and Lincoln Ridge.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=35674

Pizza God (1046) and c_a_miller (1268) and both still waiting for their 250th unique voter.

Congrats to Wolfhaley whom just crossed the 1000 thumb-up plateau. Just a absolute wealth of knowledge he's contributed to upper mid-west region. He's every bit as worthy of diamond along with the other three wisco reviewers Harr0140, Stardoggy and tallpaul. Not sure if he's going to have the 250 uniques yet, but i would assume he's close. Notable reviews include, Rollin Ridge, Fairfield, Blue Ribbon Pines, Idlewild, The Canyons, Flip, Wilderness and Lincoln Ridge.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=35674

Pizza God (1046) and c_a_miller (1268) and both still waiting for their 250th unique voter.

I read a few of Wolfhaley's reviews yesterday when deciding where to drive to play a "new to me" course. Definitely a useful reviewer to calibrate your tastes against as he's played and reviewed a ton of courses. I didn't agree with all of his ratings (not to say that this is a reasonable expectation), but he seems to be consistent in his approach (which matters more in my book). Wolf provides just the right amount of detail in his reviews. You can get a good feel for the course without having to read a novel.

We ended up playing Silver Fox and enjoyed it. I can confirm that concrete tees were indeed added since the review was written. The course has a good balance of challenge and fun. There are lines to hit if you want to score and ways to play relatively safe, but bad shots are punished haard. The multishot holes are all about placement; if you don't land in the fairway, good luck. Despite all that, it wasn't a total beatdown. I'm not sure I'd give it a 4.5, but I definitely wouldn't go below 4.

Thanks wolf, for helping me make the decision on where to play yesterday. You didn't steer me wrong.:thmbup:

I appreciate that count. I prefer to keep my reviews short for a couple reasons. 1) I also don't like reading a novel or books for that matter. 2) I generally like to add to well reviewed courses, things like where hole 1 is located. My preference again, not knocking anyones style of review, that's what make this site what it is. I also played Silver fox this past weekend. I then did Grey, red and grey. Love these courses. I'm glad my review could help. Aced hole 5 on red fox sort of on accident! :D

Oh man I used to be bad at reviews. I read some too. 150th times the charm I guess. :doh:

Just want to let folks know how I spent a rainy Sunday... updating the Trusted Reviewer Statistics pages (in my signature, below) ;)

Shout outs for 2019:

craigd and Three Putt joined the ranks of the Diamond Trusted Reviewers, and should have been clued in to the secret handshake, and of course the profit sharing (of which neither actually exists)

c_a_miller, Pizza God and wolfhaley are essentially cubic zirconia (Gold with 1000+ thumbs up, but needing more uniques (...hint, hint folks)

DiscinOhio, bobmcnelly, The Katana Kid, mrclc, b-mart, armiller, Doofenshmirtz and Magiken all rolled from Silver up to Gold, while MrFrosty leapfrogged from Bronze to Gold this year :eek:

pmay5, Ryal, Schreuds2.0, aclay, GmcAtee, ohtobediscing, MiketheGoalie and mrbro855 all moved up from Bronze to Silver, with Breh and HyooMac achieving both Bronze and Silver this year :clap:

Say Hello and Welcome to Bronze Trusted Reviewer status: IsaacIRL, njgrosser, mshelton, lathama, whitefedora, jeremyhilss, Rob Martin, rhatton1, mx23ang, Badger45, DumfriesLizzie, G Bud, LeddZepp8687, puaahunter, DG_Wizard, DutchViking and raynger27.

Hopefully I saw all the changes on this year's rapid review, but mostly want to say to everybody (over 400 Trusted Reviewers now!): keep up the excellent work! I talk up the site every time I chat with a newer player looking for guidance, thanks to all of YOU!

as always, thanks for your work

i just added a column for DGCR number on the spreadsheet. i thought it would be cool to see how long the TRs have been on the site. i only entered the Diamond reviewers so far.

I wonder who goes diamond next?

C A has got to be within a dozen uniques to go. He would be my guess. I think he's been waiting over 15 months now. Wolf and Pizza are probably in the 200 to 225 unique range if i had to guess.

I think Benny, Kenan, Element and Blake all have a good shot to hit 1000 by the end of 2020.

watch out for Mr Frosty too, whom posted the most reviews in 2019 with 117.

i just added a column for DGCR number on the spreadsheet. i thought it would be cool to see how long the TRs have been on the site. i only entered the Diamond reviewers so far.

Good call. Thanks!

I actually thought about adding two more columns for the thumbs given out (aka the 'what goes around comes around' stats), but thought it might not be something everybody wants to have that easy access to. Folks can always look it up if they really want to know... :eek:

C A has got to be within a dozen uniques to go. He would be my guess. I think he's been waiting over 15 months now. Wolf and Pizza are probably in the 200 to 225 unique range if i had to guess.

I think Benny, Kenan, Element and Blake all have a good shot to hit 1000 by the end of 2020.

Mr Frosty has to be the hands down MVP of reviewers this year. I feel like a day didn't go by without him having a new one on the main page. 117? That guy is a beast :clap:

Mr Frosty has to be the hands down MVP of reviewers this year. I feel like a day didn't go by without him having a new one on the main page. 117? That guy is a beast :clap:
I've been writing reviews for 12 years and haven't written 117 of them yet. :eek:

I don't think I'll be hitting 1000 ups in 2020. My goal is to get somewhere between 10-15 reviews written this year. I'm hoping to hit Platinum in 2021...but earlier would certainly be great! I've been working towards that goal consistently longer than I've worked towards anything else in my life. :D

Thanks for the update on this!

Don't think I'll be hitting Diamond in 2020 either. Work will be killer for me next year. On the other hand, I'm hoping to play some courses with national acclaim next year. Could help move the ball down the field a ways.

Latest posts