• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2016

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Well, I made it onto the course at 12:10 this morning. Finished 9 holes by 12:45. My daughter kept me company :) and held the flashlight. It was DARK out tonight. Had a little wind and some minor blowing snow. All in all, a great way to start 2016.

Had LEDs on three discs... QOLF for one throw. Z-Buzzz and Champrion Aviar P&A for everything else. Threw par for the course with just one blown putt and one awful roll away.

So, has anyone else played yet? Or, once again, might I have been the first player in the USA to complete a round in 2016? :D

Here's to a great 2016. May your discs always find the fairways and baskets in 2016. Be well!

Jim

It's still not even 2016 where I am.

After finishing my first nine holes of 2016 on KMDGC with a birdie on the raised basket! :thmbup:

picture.php

The basket is on top of the picnic table and I'm standing on the bench seat, btw.

Last edited:
Headed out this afternoon after the weather clears a bit....a friend and I split a Dynamic Discs 20 pack Misprint box, and I got a lot of cool new discs to investigate,(I really like the feel of the BOLT and RIVER), maybe that all elusive "magic disc" will finally be found....I also got a 10 pack of Misprint Putters from the Discraft Factory Store...so hopefully my putting will improve also....but then again my putting problems, probably have little or nothing to do with the putters...sigh....

Already played my first round of the year this morning. Beautiful day for it.

CXpL450WcAESNqT.jpg

Getting ready to go play right now. Only 7 deg this morning have to wait for it to warm up just a bit.:thmbup: Happy New Years to all!

It's in the negative degrees here in the Colorado mountains, there's around 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. I'm getting my snowshoeing stuff together and heading out for a round soon.

I just played 9 holes. It was snowy and windy and I had a great time.

I am on vacation with my family in the Lehigh Valley, so I hooked up with an old dg buddy to play the recently completed Camp Olympic park in Emmaus. Shot just well enough to win by two. No birds, handful of bogeys and a double. It's about 40 here and a little breezy.

What is this "snow" you speak of?

But seriously, props to those of you that love the game so much that you'll play in any conditions.
I admit that I'm a candy ass.

I'm hoping to get a round in today depending on what the wife has planned for us today.

Played 9 holes, when we started it was 2 degrees Fahrenheit. But hiking through the snow will get your blood going fast.

7:45 a.m., eastern time, had to be pretty high on the early-bird list, at least in the U.S.. By 9:00 a.m. I had already lost 3 discs.

Shot an unexceptional 61 at Herman Hill this afternoon. Red tees to short pins. Footing in spots left a lot to be desired.

I guess 2016 will continue where 2015 left off.

Played at noon. Won a doubles round local. Putted fantastic considering it was the first round of the year in sub-30 degree temperatures, and the wind had the chill down below 15. Pretty happy with my 2016 disc golfing year so far!

Latest posts