• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] First run ascent

I dont get what the problem is with Vibrams discs or how they would be ruining anyones game. I threw my Ridges with Wizards, Ions, Banger and I threw them the same way. The Ridge flew a bit more overstable than any of them but not as much as my buddies Rhyno. I get as much distance out of them even without the glide, just more of it being faster then falling right to the ground.

One thing I will note is the regular X link is nice but the soft is just a little too soft IMO. Would like it somewhere between what it is now and what the regular is and the firm is very firm and slick. I'm going to try washing the firm to see if it gets tackier.

So far, I am not interested in the Ascent as Im not looking for a disc in its category; otherwise, I would be all over it. That being said, if someone has one and it really impresses me, I would consider it.

I'm far from a Vibram expert, but I've never seen one of the putters in white. Steve, do you guys make white discs?

We have made some off-white discs. White is really tough in a rubber manufacturing plant. We are much better than we were at the beginning, but we still don't do white white well.

just because you have a reading comprehension problem doesnt make my points unintelligible....:rolleyes:

i see all these fanboys who are all into the latest disc craze throwing vibram discs and its hurting their game and they dont seem to notice. so many on here saying 'rarara vibram makes good shoe rubber so their discs must rule too!!'

i guess it pisses me off that some people have such bad taste in plastic.:\

yes, it is rubber.

and there is no need to attack the "meat" of your argument. if the discs caused people's scores to go up, as you claim, then they would stop throwing them. there is no "meat" to your argument. read through the Vibram Disc Golf thread and you will see multitudes (yes, a nice vague number) of people stating that they've never hit so many long putts, that their discs are more reliable because they don't wear out, that their discs have improved grip. I'm not sure which of these "hurts their game".

If the discs don't work for you, that is fine. We'll make another one that does not require as much arm speed and hopefully that will work for you.

and dont the People deserve multiple perspectives more than a pile of fanboys gushing over the newest crappy disc on the market?:\

Hey I started the thread to find out who bought the new 1st run and how it flew. I was also wondering if there are big differences between the 1st run and the proto run. Apoth is entitled to his opinion, but I would really like it if he had thrown the disc and gave me some feedback on what it did for him.

Thanks steve for working on making your discs as good as possible and dont let him get to you. He does not like your disc, enough said.

The putters have helped my game and my scores have come down slowly from when I started with them. In Apoth logic I must have been realy crappy before I became a fanboy if these disc could help my game.

I cleaned this thread up.. far too much crap. Please keep your comments respectful. If you don't like the disc feel free to say so.. but don't feel free to say so every other post.

Can somebody give me a brief rundown of all the different Vibram plastics, er, rubbers? That didn't sound right. You know what I mean.

I have a swirly mint green Ridge and I can't remember what plastic it is. I like it, it's pretty. It's flexy, like SS or firm SSS.

I don't like the logo being tangible though, I think it would be better if it was just a stamp or not raised.

there is:

X-link firm - stiffest
x-link - comparable to innova pro plastic, sort of
x-link soft - soft to floppy

fwiw, i just washed my VP with some Fast Orange, and it IS grippier, i'll take it out this weekend and give it another shot.

there is:

X-link firm - stiffest
x-link - comparable to innova pro plastic, sort of
x-link soft - soft to floppy

fwiw, i just washed my VP with some Fast Orange, and it IS grippier, i'll take it out this weekend and give it another shot.

if you don't like it let me know. i might be interested in it. :thmbup:

Xlink = rubbery but not floppy. Thing Banger soft x but thicker feeling
Firm = Hard hard hard.
Soft = Very flexible, blowfly floppy.

Anyone else tempted to wash their Vibram with different solutions to see if they'll do crazy stuff?

Cool, thanks. So does the Accent come in X-link and/or x-link soft? It might make a dandy driver for wooded holes if it minimizes tree kicks like a Soft Ion does.

The first runs are X-Link (the regular kind) and they are plenty flexible. I'm using my Ascents on most throws where there's a high probability of activating a multi-ball bonus (hitting multiple trees) ... which is actually pretty often on our course.

I think the kick you get is more a function of how fast the disc is spinning and which side of the disc you hit with the tree, but the Ascents sure don't seem to kick as far off line as some of the premium plastics do when you nick a tree.

I do toss my Soft Ridge on sub 200' up shots, but I don't know if I'd like trying to throw a driver that is that soft. I don't think I'd ever get a consistent release with it ... But if Steve wanted to make some soft ascents and send one my way, I'd sure throw it.

I think I read in the vibram disc golf thread that they weren't going to run them in soft because they couldn't get a consistent flight. It might be other reasons though

Latest posts