• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] First Run vs Pre-Release

Slothlife

So I found this gem in the used disc bargain bin of my local shop, in unthrown condition. I did some research and discovered it's a pre-release disc that were given out at special events. I'd assume that there are fewer pre-release discs out there than first runs, right? From a collector's standpoint, are pre-releases more desirable because there are less of them around?

I havent had a chance to throw it yet.

https://goo.gl/photos/iRhxhujSgwsn5fVC6

Attachments

• IMG_20170825_180632.jpg
    IMG_20170825_180632.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 66
By the book, sure, pre-released ones may be more rare than first runs, but for the Savant (or the majority of the new stuff coming out these days) it doesn't really matter since there isn't a collector's market for them.

Pre-release really only seem to have value early on. After that initial rush, it seems that most people don't care that the mold predates FRs. As was said earlier though, there isn't a market for Savants so you're SOL on yours.

Pre-release really only seem to have value early on. After that initial rush, it seems that most people don't care that the mold predates FRs. As was said earlier though, there isn't a market for Savants so you're SOL on yours.

I'm only SOL if I can't throw it, and only $9.99 at that. They'll all be thrown and/or traded at some point.

The only discs with a collector's market are popular molds. So you better hope that the savant gets popular because otherwise it won't be worth any more in 10 years than it is today. Thunderbirds are popular so the prerelease ones are worth a lot of money but there are only a dozen or so molds popular enough to make first runs or prerelease runs worth much more than stock prices.

It's a meh driver. Kinda Thunderbirdy but guess what, you can find those everywhere.