• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Florida Vacation

CRDV-3400

I am going to be in Florida in a couple weeks on a little family vacation. We will be spending a few days in Boca Raton, and a few in Clearwater Beach.

Are there any must play or must avoid courses in either area, and are there any regular - weekly events?

Thanks,

Chuck

Taylor Lake. There are several courses in and around Clearwater worth playing.

I live right here in the area...if you are playing Friday afternoon let me know. Here are the courses to play in the Clearwater/St. Pete area in order of importance:

Cliff Stephens
Tocobaga
Taylor Lake
Coachman
Youth Park

Cliff and Coachman are just a mile apart so it makes sense to get them both in. Watch for gators and Cliff and especially at Taylor. Tocobaga is a great course...it has the feel like it is really taking you somewhere. Youth park is real easy and straight forward but a fun course none the less.

Well if you're heading down I4 and pass through Orlando, check out The Turkeynator

Oddly enough I did not see any turkeys but it is a wild tortoise habitat.

if you happen to pass through the ocala area coming or going ocala greenway is the best course i have played in florida... a giant nature walk with fair but challenging holes and a surprising amount of elevation for florida.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not sure yet when I'll be able to get a few hours to myself, Friday afternoon could well work

Thanks again

Chuck