• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of love

I just ordered a Upper Park Focus. I have an idea of what I'll stuff it with. I think I'll mainly use it for seasoning new plastic at Rockland Park or for shorter courses around. I look forward to using it since, as I've mentioned, my best golf has been played with a minimal bag. The focus says it holds 10.

Anyone have suggestions from my previous bag update to keep? We're stripping it down!

Superfans, thank you for the inspiration.

You're not gettin the bag update yet and the random drawing prize has not been chosen (it's not gonna be a Firebird) but I assure you your persistence will be paid off.

I used an 18 hole match play round at Rockland Park longs to determine the bag setup. It's got 12 discs. 2 are for backhand rollers almost exclusively.

Stay tuned.

Ps: if Casey started an instructional thread I'm pretty sure I would read every post and revel in the mysteries of the universe.

Last edited:
*****Bag Update*****

Putters:
171g Millennium plastic Omega AP 1.14: seasoned super straight, used for putting approaching, driving.
175g Sirius Omega AP 1.2: seasoned for a while still pretty overstable. Used for drives and approaches and cleanup putts.

Midrange:
175g Recon Mortar 1.4: fairly new, used for forehand and backhand drives approaches flexes and hyzers.
180g DX Roc 2004 Piedmont Random Doubles stamp: lovingly abused over the years. Used for backhand hyzer flips, turnovers, occasional rollers.
180g Champ Roc3 0X stamp: used since the day I got it after saying "wtf is a Roc3!?" Straight as hell, still. My go to.
180g Swirly Star Roc3: fairly new, used for overstable roc shots.

Drivers:
171g Champ Leopard3: 6 months old, used for forehand and backhand hyzers, flips, straights and fades and assorted magic.
171g champ Thunderbird: seasoned to perfection. Used for forehand and backhand like the Leopard3 but longer. Also forehand rollers.
175 Star Firebird: a year or so seasoned. Used for forehand and backhand hyzers and flexes and skips.
175 Star Wraith(embossed): still nearly new. Used for distance.
171 Gstar Sidewinder: fairly new. Used for distance backhand rollers and high annys that never need to fade.
Unknown weight VIP Underworld: getting seasoned. Used for magical backhand rollers through the woods.

I'm giving this setup a spin at Jim Barnett Park tomorrow evening.

The focus is great for solo rounds.

My solo rounds usually include a dog. The focus does not carry enough for that. Also I like to carry 5 putters. They're my favorites. Thus I'll carry the grip BX mostly.

*The random drawing prize has been decided. It is one (1) unopened can of Pabst Blue Ribbon (providing you are of legal age). Please like or comment to enter.

Streets, Muddy and jmdaire have previously qualified. Also Biscoe, discerdoo and anonydeuce.

Last edited:
How does that 04 roc feel? Scare to toss it ever? I have a opposite facing roc with the older innova logo that I got in 07-08 that I just threw back in the bag because it's my most beat up roc. I'm curious what it'll happen once it meets a tree again. I've only tossed it in a grass field to know I wanted it back in the bag.

*The random drawing prize has been decided. It is one (1) unopened can of Pabst Blue Ribbon (providing you are of legal age). Please like or comment to enter.

This is exciting news, drank some PBR in college. Sometimes even warm since the beer in the aisles was on sale and we didn't always want to wait for it to chill. It coulda been worse.

How does that 04 roc feel? Scare to toss it ever? I have a opposite facing roc with the older innova logo that I got in 07-08 that I just threw back in the bag because it's my most beat up roc. I'm curious what it'll happen once it meets a tree again. I've only tossed it in a grass field to know I wanted it back in the bag.

The 04 is grippy and flat and fairly flexible. I'm never scared to throw anything I carry. If I throw them right they go where they're supposed to. Throw yours you'll love it. Mine hits trees, rarely. It hits lines better. ;)

Discerdoo, you only get one entry into the drawing, but feel free to enjoy yourself. Because of your interest, I'll let you know it's a Fluke signature can,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 30
I think you need to post some vids of you throwing, so other lefties, can learn from their side of things. On a bag related note, why Wraiths over Destroyers? Unfortunately, I'm under 21, but I could be persuaded to take a FB or Leo off your hands.

I think you need to post some vids of you throwing, so other lefties, can learn from their side of things. On a bag related note, why Wraiths over Destroyers? Unfortunately, I'm under 21, but I could be persuaded to take a FB or Leo off your hands.

I have considered doing some lefty how to videos. Do they have to be uploaded to a hosting site? I still can't figure out how to embed a picture from my tablet, lol!

I chose wraiths over destroyers cause they are more comfortable to grip and when I throw them side by side I get no appreciable differences in flight. Also, I'm a late adopter of new disc technology. I didn't start throwing wraiths til 2008, when the destroyer came out. I didn't start throwing Thunderbirds til 2015.

Good luck with the FB and Leo. You've qualified for the Fluke signature Mountain Dew can. :p

The 04 is grippy and flat and fairly flexible. I'm never scared to throw anything I carry. If I throw them right they go where they're supposed to. Throw yours you'll love it. Mine hits trees, rarely. It hits lines better. ;)

Discerdoo, you only get one entry into the drawing, but feel free to enjoy yourself. Because of your interest, I'll let you know it's a Fluke signature can,

Just to let people know it's ok to throw old plastic: the next in line DX Roc is a 2002 red rocks stamp and then a "disc golf rocks" stamp from 1998 or so. Both are brand new and ready to be called to duty.

Just to let people know it's ok to throw old plastic: the next in line DX Roc is a 2002 red rocks stamp and then a "disc golf rocks" stamp from 1998 or so. Both are brand new and ready to be called to duty.

Agreed!

So I may be switching my putters and some approaching to Millennium standard Omega AP. I think I'll still drive with Sirius and Q Omegas. We shall see.

This means I might have to update soon and close the superfan raffle. You know you want in!

So I may be switching my putters and some approaching to Millennium standard Omega AP. I think I'll still drive with Sirius and Q Omegas. We shall see.

This means I might have to update soon and close the superfan raffle. You know you want in!

Omega DT (dx) and ET's (xt) are pretty nice.

Omega DT (dx) and ET's (xt) are pretty nice.

I've tried delta T and on the 4th putt I threw with it a discatcher chunked it really bad. So I moved on.

The 1.15 APs I got are amazing feeling. Almost like CE plastic. They have the hand feel and profile of the 2001 Q run and the first run Sirius(at least the red ones. Those were the best).

So I think I have an ideal mold lineup:

Putters: Omega AP in various plastics and wear

Mids: Roc/3 in various plastics and wear and a Mortar

Fairways: Leopards/3's equally interchangeable and Teebirds/3's also interchangeable

Control: Thunderbird and Firebird

Backhand roller: Sidewinders

Distance: Wraiths, provided I can still find high PLH fairly flat top Stars.

So, haven't posted a new bag update cause I keep losing stuff and adding and subtracting stuff and I'm too lazy to type with too much structure involved.

I lost a 175 Star Wraith(yellow) and replaced it with a white one.

I also put a new champ leopard in the bag.

My putters are also in semi-flux.

I may also add a new dx Roc to the bag as a filler between my oldest champ Roc3 and the dx Roc I currently bag. It'll need to be worked in to make the slot so maybe I bench the Roc3 and only rock the other roc?

Latest posts