• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fly Boy Aviation Disc Golf

aceputt

I just returned from a trip in Georgia playing DG for three days with a few friends. We played two of the courses at the IDGC, the Headrick Memorial and the Warner Memorial courses and really enjoyed them both. We also spent a few bucks at the pro shop and I had a good looking back at the archives information. Since I am a Senior Grandmaster, it brought back a lot of memories of good times and old friends. We also got a round in at the Riverview course in Augusta, it was fun, but we would have had some trouble finding our way around if not for a local who played with us. The high light of the trip was the Fly Boy Aviation course. We spent the night there at the Bed & Breakfast and played a round at their 27 hole course. This course in situated on a fly in community with taxi ways and a main runway (all grass). Over 12,000 ft long, with a par of 95 I believe. OUTSTANDING course, manicured like any ball golf course you might see and the hospitality was overwhelming. Kelly Leggett and his parents treat you like family and you end up not wanting to leave good company and great Disc Golf. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality disc golf vacation. :thmbup:

Does flyboy work on a donation system?? And is there any area to camp there or close by? Everyone speaks so highly about it.

Heard nothing but good talk about it, would love to get down there and play it..

If you stay in the B&B, your round and having Kelly guide you are included in your stay (along with breakfast and lunch :thmbup:)

If you stay in the B&B, your round and having Kelly guide you are included in your stay (along with breakfast and lunch :thmbup:)

The B&B is VERY reasonable, half the price of the hotel I stayed at on the way to Georgia.

I do believe that you must have a guide and at the very least permission, so keep that in mind and contact Kelly before you play. He's a member here and his email address is on the course page.

I know the guys that did this trip and heard they played it with Phil Arthur. Still bidding my time til I get to play there. Might make it a birthday present for myself next month.

^^^Definitely contact ahead of time! It's well worth the time, money, and trip; a Disc Golf Utopia!!! You can't help but fall in love with Kelly's parents, and then, you just have this immense respect for Kelly, his service to our country, his aviation skills, and his vision to create a course on this level the whole time you're there! :)

I can't think of anything that hasn't been said,so i'll just say...

It's incredible,scan through the reviews and you'll know(read mine :))

I live about 30 miles from Flyboy ... and have yet to play it :(

... I need to get my act together!

I live about 30 miles from Flyboy ... and have yet to play it :(

... I need to get my act together!

:|:|:|

I live like an hour and a half away and have played it 3 times,what are you thinking?

GO DO IT!

Do the B&B, cheap as hell...and a great stay, Kelly's mom makes excellent food, another perk.

It's like a DG Ritz Carlton on a Motel 6 budget...go all out, it won't hurt your wallet and you will definitely get about 5x your money's worth.

Man this thread makes me want to go play :(

Last time I was there was early-mid june,we started at 10,and anyone whos played know how long flyboy is,I really thought I was going to die.

After the first 18 of 95 degree heat,we went into the hangar and there was lunch ready for us pretty much,including the most delicious clementine i've ever had in my life,it was like pure mana at the time,and we went out and finished the last 9,which were brutal,but worth it.

I can't wait till I get to play it on a nice day...still haven't really had the chance.

I know the guys that did this trip and heard they played it with Phil Arthur. Still bidding my time til I get to play there. Might make it a birthday present for myself next month.

Phil was going to play with us but his wife was sick unfortunately :\
Do the B&B, cheap as hell...and a great stay, Kelly's mom makes excellent food, another perk.

It's like a DG Ritz Carlton on a Motel 6 budget...go all out, it won't hurt your wallet and you will definitely get about 5x your money's worth.

We were amazed at how inexpensive it was for a fantastic place to stay and two great meals, less than we would have paid for a cheap motel and a couple fast food meals. :thmbup:

Latest posts