• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footwear

msudog_

I play in the mornings frequently, and I hate wet socks! I was wondering what you all wear when you play disc golf? I'm looking to purchase something whether it is socks or shoes that will help my feet stay dry when I play.

My gf and I both play in Merrells. The ones with gore-tex do a great job of keeping feet dry, and all the Merrells I've had were really comfortable and durable.

Merrells here too. Have been wearing them for about 4 years now

Gore tex socks. Not only do they keep your feet dry but they keep the chiggers off your ankles too. And they look cool

I have the Merrel Mid Moabs, they are Gortex, but not very good at keeping the wet out.
I love the shoe for eveerything that it is, however mine are not waterproof.
I have several hundred rounds on mine and the soles are still in top notch condition.
When I need to do a fareway drive I often leave a divot. These shoes get an A+++++ for traction.

I have the Merrel Mid Moabs, they are Gortex, but not very good at keeping the wet out.
I love the shoe for eveerything that it is, however mine are not waterproof.
I have several hundred rounds on mine and the soles are still in top notch condition.
When I need to do a fareway drive I often leave a divot. These shoes get an A+++++ for traction.

The gore tex moabs were waterproof for me until I wore through them after a couple years of hard wear. If yours weren't when you got them, Merrell would probably replace them for you.

Merrell has always been the general consensus for shoes. Personally I got away from the "keep my feet dry" mindset. Instead I got a pair of quick dry shoes and don't wear socks. Creek crossing isn't a problem anymore!

Hmm wish I woul dhave seen this last week.

Got myself a pair of cheap Wal~Mart Starter shoes. Figured I would wear them and not care cause they are cheap, then change into my sandals when I get back to the car.

Question for me isnt so much if they are waterproof, but how quick do they dry out?

I hate when I want to go out for another round of golf and gotta put shoes that are already wet back on.

Oh...a couple holes if it isn't wet out and you won't be able to tell you went in the water anymore. The only problem is the footing is a little slick for the first couple throws after you get out.

I wear $12 Wal-Mart velcro shoes. They are my noodling shoes, and great for water crossing if you must. Also, without laces, they don't collect as many stickers etc. The only fashion show you would win is if Jeff Foxworthy had one, but they're effective.

I recently stopped wearing my Merrel Gortex Moab Mids because I found out the foot bed support is not enough for me the hard way with a foot injury. I had no problems with them being waterproof, just not enough foot support and they didn't last long.

I switched to the Keen Tarhee II Mid and love them. They are gortex and waterproof and very comfortable with great foot support. They do get a little hot in the summer, but they are the best shoes I've had for disc golf!

I wear $12 Wal-Mart velcro shoes. They are my noodling shoes, and great for water crossing if you must. Also, without laces, they don't collect as many stickers etc. The only fashion show you would win is if Jeff Foxworthy had one, but they're effective.

lol Sounds like what I got. Was shocked to see a pair of size 13s in velcro as if to say "There you go kids, you really dont have to learn to tie your shoes...ever. Of course if you ever wear them in public for anything other than a beater shoe, you will look like a douche bag, but it is possible."

lol Sounds like what I got. Was shocked to see a pair of size 13s in velcro as if to say "There you go kids, you really dont have to learn to tie your shoes...ever. Of course if you ever wear them in public for anything other than a beater shoe, you will look like a douche bag, but it is possible."

Haha, I got the grey ones too (trashiest in my mind). Heck, if you're going to wear velcro shoes, they might as well be hideous.

I recently stopped wearing my Merrel Gortex Moab Mids because I found out the foot bed support is not enough for me the hard way with a foot injury. I had no problems with them being waterproof, just not enough foot support and they didn't last long.

That's a good point, the Merrell insoles (and most stock insoles) have pretty terrible support. I always put superfeet in any shoes that I'm going to be doing a bunch of hiking/walking in, and it makes a huge difference.

If you stand the shoe on its toe and you can easily bend the middle/arch of the shoe over, so it's tacoed, it is not supportive. The Merrells bend over completely in half pretty easily, and the Keens only flex at the toe with much better support. I tested all the shoes at Dicks before I bought the Keens. Turns out they are also the top rated hiking shoe on consumer review. I also use custom orthodics, my feet are so flat they will suction to a pool deck, but they do make good flippers.

Latest posts