• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

My 175g J Allen color glow teebird is pretty flat, which I like a lot. It basically feels and flies like a good stable teebird3. Wouldn't call mine stupid overstable tho - that award goes to my KJ Nybo teebird which is basically a shorter firebird.

thats what my jen allen is. baby firebird

Why is it an upgrade over your leopard? I think you could find uses for both discs, they aren't all that similar imo.

I do actually use both. Previously my Star Leo was my main driver, but it started to become more understable now that I'm throwing with more power. Now I use my Star Leo for turnover shots and my Teebird for my main drive. I still bag my Leo as my understable disc, but the Teebird being a step up in speed really shines. I can get a lot better straight distance out of the teebird without worrying about it turning over to the right and never fading back. I just threw it yesterday the farthest I'd ever thrown it. Easily a 350' drive and i was stoked.

So has any one really talked about how some of the 11x Nybo's are Plus mold and why that happened?

From that angle all discs looks a little plussy. Did anyone ask him to post a side by side of the bottom vs. a "normal" Teebird? Only one photo in the album is of the bottom/rim.

It's funny, I've been a redditor for a decade but NEVER venture into r/discgolf

From that angle all discs looks a little plussy. Did anyone ask him to post a side by side of the bottom vs. a "normal" Teebird? Only one photo in the album is of the bottom/rim.

Despite the rim looking like a plus, it also has "CAL" tooling. Only the Plus mold still has that instead of "CA" tooling found on current Teebirds.

It's horrible.

90% of the posts are pics of dorks after a sub 200 foot "ace"

It's horrible.

90% of the posts are pics of dorks after a sub 200 foot "ace"

And all the comments are of this, people debating if its an ace, a field ace, or some other "___ ace." Like, if the sun wasn't out that day, was it really an ace? I avoid those posts now.

Anyway, do they still sell plus-mold teebirds? I'd be interested in picking one up. They sound like they fly closer to an Explorer? Do they have a little more glide and a little less fade?

I have a couple of questions i need help with.
1) Is the Teebird 3 just a touch faster that the Teebird? Other than the flat top What's the difference?
2) What is this "plus mold?"
That is all thanks in advance.

1. Yes. Not much difference at all. Slightly less glide, slightly faster, overall interchangeable with Teebirds.

2. The inner rim (underside) is angled out towards the edge of the rim/disc as opposed to being near vertical.

****ty example (example disc is upside down):

\_________/ = plus rim

|__________| = normal

1. Yes. Not much difference at all. Slightly less glide, slightly faster, overall interchangeable with Teebirds.

2. The inner rim (underside) is angled out towards the edge of the rim/disc as opposed to being near vertical.

\_________/ = plus rim

|__________| = normal

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered what was up with those + mold discs. They seem to have the same stability as the non + models.

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered what was up with those + mold discs. They seem to have the same stability as the non + models.

Easier to manufacture. A perpendicular edge is more difficult to pull out of a mold that one that is angled out. And Innova was savvy enough to market it.

This place was viewed by DGR like people here view r/discgolf. DGCR forums are no where near as bad as they used to be, but it used to be almost identical to r/discgolf.

\_________/ = plus rim

|__________| = normal

Right on, thanks.

This place was viewed by DGR like people here view r/discgolf. DGCR forums are no where near as bad as they used to be, but it used to be almost identical to r/discgolf.

Ha. I remember those times.

I was at dgr back then buck I actually belonged here.

I have a Teebird+ and a TL+. They're not very different in flight, except they may come out of the hand a bit more anhyzer-ish due to the rim angle. Some may find the plus mold more comfortable, but many don't like it. I will say the Teebird+ is my favorite Teebird to throw, except for the DX Teebird.