• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Hmmmm

I've never seen a tour disc less than max in the last few years.

First run brinsters and ajs went down to 170 though.

So is there any truth to the claim that MF Teebird3s are an easy way to buy an overstable Teebird without doing mush searching? I know Mcbeth says that is what he uses his for, but he can get the pick of the litter and keep trying till he finds one that suits him. How do they normally fly. Sorry to thread drift since this is technically not a Teebird question.

So is there any truth to the claim that MF Teebird3s are an easy way to buy an overstable Teebird without doing mush searching? I know Mcbeth says that is what he uses his for, but he can get the pick of the litter and keep trying till he finds one that suits him. How do they normally fly. Sorry to thread drift since this is technically not a Teebird question.

McBeth can get the pick of the litter of either Teebirds or MFT3s, so maybe he has sig disc implications on his mind. However, McBeth has shown a preference for flat "3" series discs (Roc3, Mako3), so his liking the T3 does not surprise me.

I've only thrown a few but they were not OS teebirds.

Ive been after OS teebirds for years. First run brinsters work but are tough to come by.

I finally just gave up and started bagging a sexton FB. Fits perfectly.

I've had limited experience with glow(well, I have a stack of sexton FBs and domey glow gators, but those don't count because of other significant differences) but my glow roc3 is more OS than my champ roc3s, but less than my stars

I've only thrown a few but they were not OS teebirds.

Ive been after OS teebirds for years. First run brinsters work but are tough to come by.

I finally just gave up and started bagging a sexton FB. Fits perfectly.

Yeah, I don't even throw Teebirds anymore. My question was more of just curiosity and to get the conversation going to make that info available to people that might need it. I have a beat in Gstar Firebird that has about the stability as I remember my overstable Star Teebird from about 2009 having. Flattest Teebird I have ever seen.

Hmmmm

I've never seen a tour disc less than max in the last few years.

First run brinsters and ajs went down to 170 though.
First batch of Wiggens Destroyers also had ~10 that were less than max weight.

I snagged a 170 but have yet to see another turn up.

My FD is not flying straight laser lines anymore and my shop is out of new ones so I'm thinking about getting a Teebird instead. I got a champion Teeb, but it's a bit of a hog. It's actually an overstable glideless pig. I'm on the lookout for more of a workhorse type of disc. How do the Echo Star ones fly, and how quickly do they break in? What about a normal Star? FWIW I dont got a big arm, I get my champ out to maybe 280 on a big throw, max d is about 350 with a Tern

My FD is not flying straight laser lines anymore and my shop is out of new ones so I'm thinking about getting a Teebird instead. I got a champion Teeb, but it's a bit of a hog. It's actually an overstable glideless pig. I'm on the lookout for more of a workhorse type of disc. How do the Echo Star ones fly, and how quickly do they break in? What about a normal Star? FWIW I dont got a big arm, I get my champ out to maybe 280 on a big throw, max d is about 350 with a Tern

Try a gstar Teeb unless you hate gstar. It's one of the good molds in gstar that holds up pretty well for straight flight without a huge fade. Regular Star Teebirds are still pretty overstable at less than 325 feet. I have a similar noodle arm and I like the gstar ones the best for a regular workhorse fairway. Some of the pre-flight stars are pretty nice too but harder to find.

Are you talking SFD or CFD?

I don't think there is a TB with the out of the box glide like a FD. A TB is pretty much going to dump out in premium plastic. A DX will beat in fairly quick to be similar to a FD.

SFD, I don't like champion plastic much. I realise that the Teebird wont have the glide of the FD. DX is out of the question. My old champion had a lot better glide than the one I have now, but it was only 156g. I had forgotten about the G* option, I think I'm going to try one out and see if it fits the slot

Last edited:

I'd say a Star TL is going to be a better match for an FD than a Teebird is. I did used to have a 165 Echostar Teebird that was a straight up laser beam though, so lighter Echostars or Stars might work for you. A lighter GStar would also probably work.