• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Wanted to give the teebird thread some love since it's my favorite disc. Just picked up a couple of the Nybos, but I've been reluctant to throw them because they are so pretty! I suppose discs are for throwing, even the pretty ones.

Especially the pretty ones!

More Teebird LOVE!

Been dying to get out and throw the gummy glow champ TB I picked up from Future_Primitive (thanks again), but now the freezing rain is coming down. Hope I can get out tomorrow and throw it.

Yeah the nybos have found a place more in my heart than the bag. Such a nice looking disc!

I see these as my go to when it is windy and I need a control fairway driver. Their max weight and good stability seems just right for windy play.

Yeah the nybos have found a place more in my heart than the bag. Such a nice looking disc!

I see these as my go to when it is windy and I need a control fairway driver. Their max weight and good stability seems just right for windy play.

How much have you been throwing the nybo?

Am I alone in not finding nybos that OS? I wouldn't classify them as wind fighters.

The Nybo flew more like an already seasoned PFN S-TB for me....but with a touch less glide.

Ha. That's my comparison as well. I bag a season s-tb (170). I thought the nybo would be a nice more OS match being new and max weight. They fly almost identical. The nybo just has more fade.

The couple of black champ teebirds I've thrown from dgu are nicer than the one nybo I've thrown (held a few tho). Way nicer if the "downgrade" of champ from star doesn't matter to you.

I really did my best to compare the hand feel of these and the similar ones on the shelf for Halloween and I think they felt a touch different. The three or four Halloween black champs I picked up all seemed to be flimsy and a touch too stiff on top--no thanks.

Mine also seemed more stable than the nybo but this is based on a couple good tossed and reading others notes. I got 169 and I've never seen any premium teebird this light so stubborn to flip.

Do you guys still love your Gstar TeeBirds? I've never thrown any disc in Gstar but I'm itching to try it out. Similarly, do you guys throw the new Echo Stars that are coming out? I've also never thrown Echo Star plastic. I'm assuming both will be less stable than Stars and Champs and that that should translate into extra distance.

My experience is primarily with PFN 12x and 11x Champ TeeBirds. I can get them to 315 or so. I also have an older PFN Star that is just as stiff as any of my Champs and flies like one too. They are great discs but they are all on the stable side for me. For reference, I can get my Star Sidewinder to 350 or so.

My expirence with gstar TB is that the start off perfect glidey teebirds that have decent fade. But for some reason they beat to pretty floppy unlike star or champ that the fade is lost before it developed turn. As for Echo I cannot speak for newer runs. But with the way new echo is effecting other molds I would think it would be very similar to gstar.

For me a GStar TeeBird flies almost identical to an S-Line FD. Just an extra touch of fade at the end. Some turn, some fade back out to around 350-365.

some gstar tbirds would be nice, if they weren't so gstar esque in their lack of stability.

some times you can luck out and get a gstar run that is close to normal. my firebirds in gstar are performing very well in terms of their desired stablity. but then again it could be me (winter time) slower arm speed and denser air making it seem like it is normal firebird.

Do you guys still love your Gstar TeeBirds? I've never thrown any disc in Gstar but I'm itching to try it out. Similarly, do you guys throw the new Echo Stars that are coming out? I've also never thrown Echo Star plastic. I'm assuming both will be less stable than Stars and Champs and that that should translate into extra distance.

My experience is primarily with PFN 12x and 11x Champ TeeBirds. I can get them to 315 or so. I also have an older PFN Star that is just as stiff as any of my Champs and flies like one too. They are great discs but they are all on the stable side for me. For reference, I can get my Star Sidewinder to 350 or so.

No experience with echo, but my gstar TB was much less OS out of the box. A little bit of turn, then a milder fade. Mine had a pretty decent dome on it tho, so I didn't throw it much(uncomfortable). So then I got a gstar teebird3 and am currently loving it

Latest posts