• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Nice! I have a Star and a G*, although I have not thrown the G* yet for comparison. I'd really like to cycle some Birds in different plastics, although I'm not a fan of Champ plastic for drivers. I'll probably try a DX sometime since everyone says how much they glide. Or maybe I'll just stick to Star and G*. But man... I just love Star plastic for drivers. It's all I drive with right now. :thmbup:

I'll probably try a DX sometime since everyone says how much they glide. Or maybe I'll just stick to Star and G*. But man... I just love Star plastic for drivers. It's all I drive with right now. :thmbup:

I have a DX Teebird that I've used a couple of times on the course. I was surprised that it really acts like my Star TLs (including a not-too-much fade finish), and it's not beaten in yet(!). I definitely intend to work more with it.

I also have two Factory Second Star Teebirds. Got them cheap and thought I'd work on my forehand with them, but I might take one of them and use it a lot more and beat it in. I don't expect it to become as straight as my (Star) TL, but it might make a great pair with the TL in my bag. We'll see how that goes...

What is currently the most overstable version of the teebird?

Glow champ or maybe brinster?

What is currently the most overstable version of the teebird?

Glow champ or maybe brinster?

The first couple runs of Brinsters were very OS, but I have heard the current run is not as OS, although I haven't thrown one yet so I can't confirm that. The regular production, max weight JL's are pretty OS, especially if you can look through a bunch and find the highest PLH ones. I'm not sure about the glows.

I never threw the first-run Brinsters to compare, but I can confirm that the current run are definitely more OS than the stock 12x Champs. Champ Teebirds are my go-to drivers, and I bag both a stock 12x Champ and a Brinster. They compliment each other nicely, and I find the Brinster does a great job filling the slot between my 12x Teebird and my Champ Firebird.

My first run Brinster (Day glow yellow) is basically a Firebird. So much so that its currently in a box because I have a 12x FAF Firebird that I'm throwing for the time being.

If you are looking for an OS Teebird... you definitely need to round one of these up. Crazy discs. I bet it would take a couple seasons of dedicated play to start 'working in.'

I haven't thrown a normal t3 for a while but the MF seems similar from what I remember. How long have they been adding the MF to the stamp?

I wish innova would make a hotstamp for mf discs that have vertical text under the m and f that uses their initials on the back to say mother****in' _________.

M F TEEBIRD.

Or they could even just do a stamp like that, M F _______. I think peeps would buy. They still make the t3?

My first run Brinster (Day glow yellow) is basically a Firebird. So much so that its currently in a box because I have a 12x FAF Firebird that I'm throwing for the time being.

I do love those first run Brinsters! I'm a bit jealous that you have a day-glow one. That's the only color I couldn't add to my stash. Someone here should definitely hit me up if they have one for sale or trade!

They still make the t3?

I certainly hope so. The T3 has become a staple in my bag since they have been released. My go-to is the Champ T3's. What I like about them is that they are a bit faster and hold a straight line much longer than your standard 'bird.

I would expect that a metal flake blend would add some stability which would turn the mold into a regular Teebird. My glow T3 is crazy-stable. It's seems to be more Firebird than T3. Good idea on the stamps though...I would snag one for sure!

I do love those first run Brinsters! I'm a bit jealous that you have a day-glow one. That's the only color I couldn't add to my stash. Someone here should definitely hit me up if they have one for sale or trade!

I certainly hope so. The T3 has become a staple in my bag since they have been released. My go-to is the Champ T3's. What I like about them is that they are a bit faster and hold a straight line much longer than your standard 'bird.

I would expect that a metal flake blend would add some stability which would turn the mold into a regular Teebird. My glow T3 is crazy-stable. It's seems to be more Firebird than T3. Good idea on the stamps though...I would snag one for sure!

I only threw it once but the MF didn't fly like a teebird. Still reminded me of a T3

I might have a first run brinster day glow. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Have a pair of first run Pink Brinsters... 9/10 and 7/10... They fly exactly the same!
Stupid Overstable, Domey, but FH very well, surprisingly due to the dome.

Have a pair of first run Pink Brinsters... 9/10 and 7/10... They fly exactly the same!
Stupid Overstable, Domey, but FH very well, surprisingly due to the dome.

Am I your alt account?

I have a pair of first run pinks in the same condition and I totally agree about the FH. I love them.

Does anybody know anything about metalflake Teebirds? Particularly the ones with mini stamps like this one ->
metalflake_teebird.jpg

I'm on the look for very stable (although not OS) Teebirds and this one popped up. Not sure if I should get one of these or just a regular JL instead

Stock run JL's are plenty stable for me. I currently run with two PFN Stars, and a JL, with the JL being the most OS.

Honestly the GStar TB's have good glide and aren't as beefy as the JL's. Great TB's imo.

The MF TB's I've thrown and held were very flat and stiff, somewhere between GStar and JL in stability.

You might want to look into a champ T3 as well. Controllable, flat, hold up great in a wind for some reason without being too OS.

yeah, if you need a straight shooting teebird with a little fade, the gstar is it. really a great example of what people want from a teebird IMO.

Latest posts