• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehander Bag Feedback

end3rsgam3

Hey, looking for some advice but first a bit of background. Been playing since last September but have really started playing competitively since early this spring. I have always felt more comfortable throwing my drivers and mids forehand so I had been trying to shape my bag around that. It turns out that I had some misleading information and have caused myself all kinds of problems because I was under the impression that forehand players mostly use overstable discs. So for a while I was throwing my drivers (nuke, crush, flick) at a hard anhyzer using a wide S turn to get max D. While that was ok for 300' drives it did me no good unless I had a ton of room to work with.

After lurking the forums I have started to realize that this is the wrong approach and have started to first disc down and second learn with understable discs proper form. Anyway, check out the bag below and any advice is appreciated.

Drivers:

167g Sidewinder - Main distance driver I use right now can put a decent hyzer flip on it for a strait shot or throw it flat for a nice S turn if I have the room.

170g Flick - I keep it in my bag because on shorter holes that dog leg right (RHFH) it is super useful. I am actually fairly accurate with this disc also.

172g Monarch - This thing is old and super flippy. I can throw it (RHFH) on a nice anhyzer and it will just hold a nice line.

Mids:

172g Champion Cobra - My favorite disc by far. Kinda beat in but still stable. I can power it on any line I want though. Great disc.

175g DX Cobra - Super beat in, use it for any turn over shots or shots I want to barely fade off.

175g SS Buzzz - I can hyzer flip this disc straight as an arrow.

Putter:

178g Soft Magnet - Main putter, no problem here.

177g Wedge - Mostly use the magnet but I like this wedge for up shots around the basket.

I also recently put in a dx leopard in my bag but found it to flipy even throwing a hyzer flip (turn and burn). Maybe I am doing something wrong though. Anyway, I am having trouble getting anymore than 325' max D, and also I need something I can use around the 250' mark and be comfortable.

Thanks!

how far are you throwing mids? I assume your average D with drivers is around 300' ?

looks like you could use a stable driver that can take FH snap and fly straight without a hyzer flip. I would recommend a teebird in star or champ plastic.

If you're looking for a good 250 foot forehand disc you might like a beaded Star or Champion Gator. Granted it is overstable

if he is throwing drivers 300-325' getting a gator to 250' will require too much effort and kill accuracy. You could just power down a driver and use it for shots in that distance.

Beat Wizard or new XD in max weight.... It will take a bit to get the FH down with these the XD is a bit easier because it has a shallow rim. I have just started driving with both of these FH and am getting them out to 225' maybe a bit more. It will reallly help your form if you can FH a putter...

Yeah, I know I need to disc down more to help the form. Ideally I could just drop using drivers for a while and get used to throwing fairway drivers. I could power down my drivers for a 250' or so but not when I am throwing them 300'-325' that is more of a powered down controlled shot now. What I mean, I am putting alot into my drives now it's just not max so that I don't lose all accuracy.

Yeah, the gator is a mid range and I would have trouble getting it 250' without messing up what little form I am working on to get it out there. I am honestly looking for a good fairway driver to learn proper form with.

The perfect scenario would be to put all the distance drivers away and just get a couple slower speed fairways that I could learn with. Think a teebird, XL, and maybe a predator would be good choices? Open to anything really.

Yeah, I know I need to disc down more to help the form. Ideally I could just drop using drivers for a while and get used to throwing fairway drivers. I could power down my drivers for a 250' or so but not when I am throwing them 300'-325' that is more of a powered down controlled shot now. What I mean, I am putting alot into my drives now it's just not max so that I don't lose all accuracy.

Yeah, the gator is a mid range and I would have trouble getting it 250' without messing up what little form I am working on to get it out there. I am honestly looking for a good fairway driver to learn proper form with.

The perfect scenario would be to put all the distance drivers away and just get a couple slower speed fairways that I could learn with. Think a teebird, XL, and maybe a predator would be good choices? Open to anything really.

If your open to try anything...

1. Buy a Wizard & an XD
2. Find a short course with an average hole length of about 200'
3. Only bring the putters, leave everything else at home.
4. Throw, Throw, Throw