• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found this

^^^^^^
Did you happen to buy one of those baskets from a guy in San Bernardino? i bought about 30 disc from him and he was selling a basket

Dga does not mark their course baskets with anything distinctive. He said he would take 200 right off the bat, but he won't reply to any questions I ask about how it was modified. He works in menominie. Anybody on here live around there?

I have that basket with the wheel base. It looks slightly shorter than mine, and that pin is really thick. You have to have some heavy machinery to crimp it, if it's the original pin. If that's the case, you probably have access to materials and tools to make a real portable base. It seems like it was stolen.

The 2nd one was more recently and I bought it for $40. I'm sure its stolen as well and I've been looking for a course missing a basket locally but haven't found any so I'm gonna hang onto it for a while. If anyone in socal hears of a missing basket, let me kniw and we can get it back home

Didn't a basket from Mountain Pride in Murrieta go missing recently?

I agree sounds very odd to me but if no trail get it. I will say this the best thing i have found on course is a CE Firebird its a 9.5/10 :hfive: love that thing it looks amazing on the wall!

Let me first start off by saying that I have no idea why this basket has this stand on the bottom(To transport easier/anywhere, which makes sense). I was dinking around craiglist and saw it. I am not accusing anybody of anything, but I'm not gonna lie that this just seems a bit odd to me. I've seen baskets cut at the base at courses locally and have heard stories of others. Also the fact that it is advertised as a disc golf "cage" makes me wonder, as I would think that most people that would drop 300 to 400 on a disc golf basket would know enough to call it a disc golf basket. Nor would they not say what kind of basket it was IMO

Can anybody shed some light on this?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tag/4283276266.html

PS...I apologize ahead of time if I am mistaken, just curious if my suspicions are not just paranoia.

PS #2 If anyone knows where this may have come from don't contact the number in the ad, just call the police, although I really hope this is not the case.

Hole #7 from Wales WI **http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43673** was stolen a few years ago......not sure if that's what the baskets look like though.....same area as Hartland WI

^I live a bit too far away to check this thing out...thats more or less what I was getting at. Not really sure how I would handle it if I did meet up with the seller, considering I have no proof whatsoever other than a hunch.

It was a long shot, but I was hoping by starting the thread there might have been a post from someone saying something along the lines of "I know where this basket came from" (stolen or not stolen)

.......anyone? bueller?

Did a search on courses with dga baskets in Wisconsin. Came up with 11 (I'm sure there are more that don't come up on the search). Pictures are fuzzy on a lot and can't tell which ones are mach V's. Looked like a few of the courses were possible. Anybody in Wisconsin know more?

Hole #7 at Wales was probably the last basket stolen but that doesnt look like the model from Wales if I remember correctly.

I will ask around and let you all know what might be up.

Latest posts