• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

While I was playing a round, I looked up into a tree. I saw many discs and some unusually organized. I got my baseball out to knock a few down. When I looked back up, I saw 3 disc golfers sleeping in the tree. Then I woke up!

I would have warned the guy that the cops were looking for him. Funny how our perspectives differ.

Perspectives and just some differences in general. No pro-shop or anyone in one in this area would have called the cops to start with. Probably would have held onto the bag waiting for the guy to come back just like it were lost keys or sunglasses.

I stumbled across a tiny makeshift camp fire with a grill on hole 3 of Oregon Park, GA yesterday. If pausing mid round to cook a steak isn't a power move I don't know what is.

I was playing an early morning round at Mint Hill in the Charlotte area this week, got around to #8 and had to wait on a lady and her son walking their dog, down the fairway.
I said, "Good Morning" and she comes back with, "Oh, so its not a dying sport?" :doh:

I kind of chuckled and said, "Definitely not dying here in Charlotte, maybe at this course!"

On another topic, couldn't play the Scrapyard, Rob Wallace Park or Rotary Club courses early morning, because those parks ARE GATED UNTIL 8AM !! :wall:
Why do these parks have to be closed to people wanting early morning workouts? Mint Hill had a ton of people out when I got there at 6:30!! :thmbup:

I threw a disc into the creek that runs behind the course at Hover Links, SC. I went to go get it and had to walk in really soft mud and my shoe got stuck and my foot came out of the shoe. In just the time it took me to get my balance on one foot and try to lean over and figure out how to get the shoe without planting my foot in the goo, some hermit crabs came running over to take shelter in it.

I threw a disc into the creek that runs behind the course at Hover Links, SC. I went to go get it and had to walk in really soft mud and my shoe got stuck and my foot came out of the shoe. In just the time it took me to get my balance on one foot and try to lean over and figure out how to get the shoe without planting my foot in the goo, some hermit crabs came running over to take shelter in it.

That shoe belongs to them now

I got a look at that creek last year when I "played" there, unless it was a disc I REALLY liked, I think I would have left it. :gross:

Lucky some pond diving scum did not float by, claiming the shoe for himself. You would have had to stop by the local Play It Again Sports to buy it back. Was you name and phone number on the shoe?

Lucky some pond diving scum did not float by, claiming the shoe for himself. You would have had to stop by the local Play It Again Sports to buy it back. Was you name and phone number on the shoe?

That thought over abandoned property rights is what actually drove me to retrieve that shoe, and not the idea that I didn't want to ride my bike back without my foot protected from the spiky pedal. Actually, since then, I only ever play that course in flip flops.

Anyway, good one :clap: made me laugh

I got a look at that creek last year when I "played" there, unless it was a disc I REALLY liked, I think I would have left it. :gross:

So this was when I was really new and only had a couple discs which I got from someone on Craigslist (PIAS completely disappeared from my area). Like it or not, I didn't want to lose it, that sea-green DX cheetah! Since then, I just don't throw discs I really like on that course. Nor on the other one there on the island unless I'm playing the white tees. I've donated enough discs trying to prove I can thread hole 2 from the blues.